Author Topic: National debt surpasses $31 trillion  (Read 964 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
National debt surpasses $31 trillion
« on: October 04, 2022, 09:10:36 pm »
Published October 4, 2022 4:19pm EDT
National debt surpasses $31 trillion
Debt continues to climb even after massive levels of spending during COVID pandemic have waned
By Peter Kasperowicz | Fox News

The U.S. national debt has passed $31 trillion for the first time in history.

Treasury Department data released Tuesday showed that the total national debt was $31.123 trillion as of Monday.

The new milestone was reached even as the federal government's insatiable spending has slowed considerably as the COVID-19 pandemic has waned. In the months following the outbreak, the national debt rose by $1 trillion in just a month’s time — not just once but twice in 2020.

As a result, the federal government spent $3.1 trillion more than it received in 2020, and it spent $2.8 trillion more than it received the following year.

In 2022, the budget deficit is expected to be about $1 trillion. Some experts believe $1 trillion per year in new debt is the floor given growth in entitlement spending as well as new spending priorities set by Congress this year. Those priorities include the health and environmental policy bill known as the Inflation Reduction Act and assisting Ukraine in its war with Russia.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/national-debt-surpasses-31-trillion
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: National debt surpasses $31 trillion
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 10:03:58 pm »
I called the point-of-no-return red line on the debt at $30T and we are well past that now.

We are lucky in that we are at the top of the turd heap and the rest of the world is worse off than us.

The second demand for the dollar stops, the dance is up. and even if not, the inflation and resulting higher interest rates will do us in. We are boxed in a corner.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 02:46:16 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 10:37:35 pm »
Some experts believe $1 trillion per year in new debt is the floor given growth in entitlement spending as well as new spending priorities set by Congress this year.

It's not really debt.  They are stealing $1 trillion in monetary value from everyone who holds US dollars by devaluing the currency.  They add $1 trillion onto the 'balance sheet' with the Fed, knowing that the money will never become due.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2022, 12:22:00 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2022, 02:48:02 pm »
The Dims aren't worried about this because they have this new system they are going to use that will balance the budget again by raising taxes.

It's called "The Ponzi Tax System",and at it's base is raising taxes on blue collar workers and allowing corporations to not pay taxes so they can afford to hire more workers.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2022, 02:53:00 pm »
The next president and Congress are gonna have to seriously address this. The alternative is a further decline in our standard of living
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2022, 02:55:55 pm »
The next president and Congress are gonna have to seriously address this. The alternative is a further decline in our standard of living

@LMAO

We,the people,need to come up with a plan to put the income of congresscritters into a serious decline unless they get their Bush back together.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2022, 02:54:15 pm »

Been almost 40 years since anyone seems to care about any kind of balance budget or reducing the debt.

I seriously doubt the garbage in DC now have it on their radar screen.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2022, 02:59:20 pm »
It's not really debt.  They are stealing $1 trillion in monetary value from everyone who holds US dollars by devaluing the currency.  They add $1 trillion onto the 'balance sheet' with the Fed, knowing that the money will never become due.

Yep...In two words....  Currency dillution.

The rub is, is when the almighty $ is seen as a paper shell by other soverign nations that have a semeblence of fiscal restraint, there will be a sudden and massive push to a different refernce currency.  Will it be Crypto, Euro, Petrodollars.....  who knows.

At the moment that happens, you will see the mother of all financial collapses in the United States.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2022, 03:40:55 pm »
Yep...In two words....  Currency dillution.

The rub is, is when the almighty $ is seen as a paper shell by other soverign nations that have a semeblence of fiscal restraint, there will be a sudden and massive push to a different refernce currency.  Will it be Crypto, Euro, Petrodollars.....  who knows.

At the moment that happens, you will see the mother of all financial collapses in the United States.

@catfish1957

Gee,ifn ah didunt no betta,ah mite spect hit wuz plannid.

Offline catfish1957

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2022, 03:49:57 pm »
@catfish1957

Gee,ifn ah didunt no betta,ah mite spect hit wuz plannid.

Hmmm...  maybe.

In these disasters there are winners and losers.  And the biggest losers are going to be the 99.9% of  Americans who are going to have their net worth wiped out.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2022, 04:45:28 pm »
Hmmm...  maybe.

In these disasters there are winners and losers.  And the biggest losers are going to be the 99.9% of  Americans who are going to have their net worth wiped out.

@catfish1957

In other words,no one will be hurt but the middle-class and he upper middle-class.

The poor have nothing to take from them but the freebies the pols use to buy their votes,and the truly rich will only profit from buying up real property at a dime on the dollar during the bankruptcy sales.

If we didn't know better,we would almost be tempted to think the whole thing was planned that way,huh?

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2022, 04:50:16 pm »
Bkmk
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2022, 04:55:42 pm »
Debt only becomes a problem when you can't afford to make the payments or you can't take on more debt when you need to.

Debt is only a number on a ledger. 

Lending only works because the lender has faith the borrower will pay him back or has collateral of equal or greater value.

The value of collateral is a belief of what a buyer is willing to pay for it.

The whole system is a pyramid scheme built upon faith, trust, and belief.  Good luck with that.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2022, 04:58:43 pm »
Debt only becomes a problem when you can't afford to make the payments or you can't take on more debt when you need to.

Debt is only a number on a ledger. 

Lending only works because the lender has faith the borrower will pay him back or has collateral of equal or greater value.

The value of collateral is a belief of what a buyer is willing to pay for it.

The whole system is a pyramid scheme built upon faith, trust, and belief.  Good luck with that.

@DefiantMassRINO

Well,all that plus repossession and bankruptcy sales.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2022, 05:06:13 pm »
After the Savings & Loans Crisis of late 1980s / ealry 1990s, the FDIC Resolution Trust Corporation sold properties to owner occupants, allowing a new generation to build wealth via real estate appreciation.

After 2008, many of the repossesed properties were acquired by investment companies.

1990's - individuals got richer.

2010's - investors got richer.

One day, we'll be serfs and sharecroppers again.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 05:07:41 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2022, 12:19:07 am »
Here's something to make your head spin.

https://usdebtclock.org/