Author Topic: Biden Admin’s New Maritime Deal Proposes Handing Over Share of Israel’s Gas Reserves to ‘Iranian Pup  (Read 312 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by Vijeta Uniyal Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Biden Admin’s New Maritime Deal Proposes Handing Over Share of Israel’s Gas Reserves to ‘Iranian Puppet-State in Lebanon’

Biden’s Israel-Lebanon maritime deal will be “undermining both [Israel’s] security and its constitution by signing a deal that would give the Iranian puppet-state in Lebanon hundreds of miles of territory in the Mediterranean Sea—and the vast reserves of natural gas underneath.”

While still working to revive the 2015 Iran nuclear deal, President Joe Biden’s administration has finalized a maritime agreement between Israel and Lebanon, which critics believe benefits pro-Iranian Lebanese terror group Hezbollah and offers Israel nothing in return.

The deal proposed by the Biden White House will be “undermining both [Israel’s] security and its constitution by signing a deal that would give the Iranian puppet-state in Lebanon hundreds of miles of territory in the Mediterranean Sea—and the vast reserves of natural gas underneath,” noted U.S.-based legal scholar, Professor Eugene Kontorovich, wrote in the Newsweek.

Professor Kontorovich further explained:

[The deal] does not advance U.S. strategic interests to propose a deal that would strengthen Hezbollah, a State Department-designated terror group that was found liable for $110 million in federal court just last week for rocket attacks that injured U.S. citizens. But the stakes are even higher for Israel, whose government is replaying the wishful-thinking diplomacy that has led to its costliest historical blunders.

The Biden administration rewards Lebanon with a lucrative and one-sided deal despite threats made by Hezbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah to target Israel’s offshore drilling operations.

As Israeli journalist Lahav Harkov noted in the Jerusalem Post, Biden’s deal gives into Lebanese and Hezbollah demands without receiving anything in return. She observed: “Israel is giving up the entire zone in dispute – something concrete – in exchange for theoretical, amorphous promises and things it already has.”

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2022/10/biden-admins-new-maritime-deal-proposes-handing-over-share-of-israels-gas-reserves-to-iranian-puppet-state-in-lebanon/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Looks like America is giving Hezbollah another source of revenue for buying rockets from Iran.

So, foreign terrorists can drill for natural gas, but Americans can't?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.