Author Topic: Unscrambling Net Zero deceptions  (Read 204 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Unscrambling Net Zero deceptions
« on: October 03, 2022, 05:09:05 pm »
Unscrambling Net Zero deceptions
By Dr. Jay Lehr |October 3rd, 2022|Energy|1 Comment

Several states and a significant number of electric utilities have committed to decarbonization goals. Net zero emissions is the term most generally used when expressing these goals. Of course decarbonization is a totally false term. It actually means no carbon dioxide emissions, but as alway the term carbon is scarier as most folks relate it to soot. Actually to all the global warming alarmists, which today includes our entire new federal government, net zero emissions means:

All man made greenhouse gas emissions must be removed from the atmosphere by either eliminating their source or cleansing them from the atmosphere through reduction measures such as pumping them underground.

This definition means that greenhouse gas emissions are permitted as long as any emissions are removed from the atmosphere either naturally such as in forests, or carbon capture and sequestration. This concept of net-zero is dishonest because the processes for removing CO2 from the atmosphere are either not possible to measure or not actually doable.

https://www.cfact.org/2022/10/03/unscrambling-net-zero-deceptions/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=unscrambling-net-zero-deceptions
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Unscrambling Net Zero deceptions
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 10:56:53 pm »
So the people who are against fraccing want to pump CO2 underground?

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis