Author Topic: Try this for a fairer tax  (Read 361 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Try this for a fairer tax
« on: October 02, 2022, 01:36:37 pm »
October 2, 2022
Try this for a fairer tax
By Wayne Rowan

Whom do you think the additional 87,000 IRS agents are going to audit?  If you have an Etsy, eBay, or even FB marketplace sale, it will be audited.  If you use PayPal, Venmo, Cash App, or any other digital wallet, you will be audited.  If you own or owned any cryptocurrency, you will be audited.  This is not rocket science.  A few years ago, the IRS wanted to track every purchase over $600 if not for the pressure from citizens, and they will try again.

The time is now to get a bipartisan change to our current unwieldy individual income tax code.  The current income tax code is huge and has over 70,000 pages of regulations.  The Internal Revenue Service Code and accompanying regulations are more than four million words, not including court cases interpreting the code.

I am a fan of the Fair Tax or even a flat tax, but those alternate taxes do not have the support from any in the Democrat party.  But I think I have a tax code Democrats could get behind.

First, what I suggest is a three-tiered tax rate that is revenue-neutral.  Be it 5%, 15%, 25% or 10%, 20%, 30% — as long it is revenue-neutral.  Ideally, the first $50,000 would not be taxed (or $60,000 or higher).  The first tier would go to $100,000, the second tier to $250,000, and above that for the third tier.  Those rates would go up at the same rate as the SS benefit rate increase.

Second, no deductions at all.  Zip, zero, nada.  This would be an individual tax rate.  No joint filing, no dependent deductions.  What you make is what you are taxed.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/10/try_this_for_a_fairer_tax.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Try this for a fairer tax
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 01:52:28 pm »
We will never again be a truly FREE people for so long as we continue to abide the Marxist income tax and the IRS!

https://fairtax.org/
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 02:07:03 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 11:54:06 pm »
Notice Wayne did not specify that the first 50K would not be taxed for those who made over 50K. $49,999 pay nothing, $50,001 pay 10%?

HOW ABOUT WE REPEAL THE 16TH AND SORT IT FROM THERE?

Excise taxes and import duties...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2022, 12:26:32 am »
Forget revenue neutral. We need more taxes to cover the profligate spending that continues in this country unabated, since nobody seems willing to give up their own entitlements.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2022, 12:42:23 am »
Forget revenue neutral. We need more taxes to cover the profligate spending that continues in this country unabated, since nobody seems willing to give up their own entitlements.
I have little doubt that we could reduce spending significantly just by cutting back on waste. Of course, putting the Fed Gov back within Constitutional limits would be a plus, but that will take time.
There are a lot of folks out there who paid into Social Security and Medicare (and are still paying into medicare) all their working lives (over 50 years), who should not just be dumped on their asses. There are a lot of people who are multigenerational Welfare recipients who could be weaned from the teat and made more productive, many of whom are young and definitely in good enough health to be working at something productive.

But even more, cut Federal bureaucracy by 10% every year until the revenue exceeds the expenditures, and quit all this 'save the planet' nonsense. Strip departments like EPA, HHS, Dept of Education, and a host of other alphabet agencies.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis