Author Topic: Guardsman investigated for chasing bus, believing migrants were on it  (Read 156 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Guardsman investigated for chasing bus, believing migrants were on it
By Rachel Nostrant
 Thursday, Sep 29

The actions of a lieutenant colonel with the Massachusetts Army National Guard are being investigated after local press reported that he followed a bus carrying senior citizens on a trip to Martha’s Vineyard after assuming South American migrants were on board.

Lt. Col. Christopher Hoffman, 51, saw a tour bus of senior citizens headed toward their East Falmouth hotel Sept. 19 when he noted a Florida sticker on the bus, the Cape Cod Times reported.

Hoffman followed the bus for more than 10 miles, terrifying everyone on board, according to the driver, Michael Vaughn, who spoke to the Cape Cod Times.

“He thought there were immigrants on the bus,” Vaughn told the newspaper, following a verbal altercation with Hoffman after they reached their hotel. “He harassed us to death.”

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2022/09/29/guardsman-investigated-for-chasing-bus-believing-migrants-were-on-it/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Guardsman investigated for chasing bus, believing migrants were on it
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 11:44:23 am »
 cuckoo 123 
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson