Author Topic: Some Friendly Liberal Advice to Republicans  (Read 243 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Some Friendly Liberal Advice to Republicans
« on: October 01, 2022, 02:50:52 pm »
Some Friendly Liberal Advice to Republicans
Don't give the Left a diversion that distracts from the consequences of their horrible policies.
By Liberal Guy
September 30, 2022

I want to offer my sincerest apologies for your present illiberal treatment by the Democrats, especially progressive Democrats. Your rights as Americans are being violated—in speech and in deed and in broad daylight. If present trends continue, it’s not going to end well for America.

May I offer you some advice? I know the nature of what you are up against. Progressives are bullies. They don’t like liberals either. Progressives don’t like the idea or the reality of dissent. They are impatient with the democratic process and persuasion. It’s either their way or the Substack way. They are unbearable.

Heads up: they are goading you to a prime-time slaughter. A mild-mannered historian, Jon Meacham, framed a Bull Connor of a barn-burner speech for Joe Biden. As the race-baiting segregationist Connor once sought to do with blacks, Biden’s speech looked to put the deplorables outside our civic and social order as enemies of the people.

Meacham’s speech had a message for two groups of Republicans.

To the mainstream, populist-adjacent Republicans, the message was: It’s time to bend the knee and join the Liz Cheney, Democrat-sanctioned Republican future.

To the “ultra MAGA” Republicans, the message was an intended provocation—a poke in the chest, a double-dare to stand up and push back.

The progressives are ready and wanting you to show up for a fight. They want you to show yourselves as the animals that they say you are. They are provoking folks who see themselves as American patriots so that they can cast them as domestic terrorists.

Don’t take the bait. They are looking to provoke a civil war. Instead, give them a civil rights response: peaceful and nonviolent protest is the only way forward. That’s the proven way to fight the oppression of a greater power with asymmetrical advantages.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2022/09/30/some-friendly-liberal-advice-to-republicans/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

Re: Some Friendly Liberal Advice to Republicans
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2022, 03:41:31 pm »
All I can say is, if they push this to a civil war, it is all in. It won't be an unarmed riot in the capital. Some friendly advice to Democrats, don't pull the pin.