Author Topic: Navy fined $8.7 million for sewage discharges into ocean around Pearl Harbor  (Read 230 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy fined $8.7 million for sewage discharges into ocean around Pearl Harbor

SEPTEMBER 29, 2022 SOPHIE COCKE - THE HONOLULU STAR-ADVERTISER

The penalty is based on 766 counts of discharging pollutants into the ocean, 212 counts related to operation and maintenance failures and 17 counts of bypassing of filters without authorization.

The state Department of Health has fined the Navy $8.7 million for repeatedly discharging untreated and partially treated sewage into the ocean, as well as related maintenance failures at its Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam wastewater treatment plant—ordering the military to conduct extensive repairs in order to prevent a catastrophic failure at the facility.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/09/navy-fined-8-7-million-for-sewage-discharges-into-ocean-around-pearl-harbor/
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 12:04:33 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

US Tax Payers Navy fined $8.7 million for sewage discharges into ocean around Pearl Harbor because of US Navy negligence...

Fixed it..

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Is the Navy being fined every day for oil still seeping from the Arizona? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson