Author Topic: Mike Pompeo launches new campaign to combat what he says is ‘wokeness in the military’  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MILITARY Published September 27, 2022 8:45pm EDT
Mike Pompeo launches new campaign to combat what he says is ‘wokeness in the military’

Pompeo says ‘our military today is under assault from the radical left’ in new ad running in early 2024 nominating states
Paul Steinhauser By Paul Steinhauser | Fox News

EXCLUSIVE: Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo says he has a new mission — to battle what he terms is "a woke military."

Taking aim at political correctness in the nation’s armed forces, the West Point graduate and Army officer who served in Germany during the Cold War is launching a campaign to target what he calls "woke polices" by President Biden’s administration that are directed toward the military.

The campaign, which includes a new website and two ads released by CAVFUND, a non-profit group set up by Pompeo, was shared first with Fox News on Tuesday.

"American security, and the safety of our families, rests on the shoulders of our men and women in uniform. Their training must never be corrupted to advance left-wing political goals. This matters. A woke military is a weak military," Pompeo, who was elected to Congress before serving as CIA director and America’s top diplomat during former President Trump’s administration, argued in a statement.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mike-pompeo-launches-new-campaign-combat-what-he-says-wokeness-military
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Wokeness in the military is a lie!  Gen. Milley even said so. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson