Author Topic: Cloned Border Patrol Vehicle Seized at Border in California  (Read 233 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Cloned Border Patrol Vehicle Seized at Border in California
« on: September 28, 2022, 05:21:01 pm »
Cloned Border Patrol Vehicle Seized at Border in California

BOB PRICE27 Sep 202258

El Centro Sector agents operating a remote video surveillance system observed what they believed to be a cloned Border Patrol vehicle. Agents responded to the area and engaged in a pursuit.

El Centro Sector Chief Patrol Agent Gregory K. Bovino tweeted photos of a Chevrolet Tahoe with a fake U.S. Border Patrol livery. The vehicle also did not have emergency lights.

Agents responded to the area after being notified of the suspicious vehicle by remote camera. The driver fled the scene and engaged the agents in a short pursuit.

The agents arrested the driver and seized the counterfeit vehicle.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2022/09/27/cloned-border-patrol-vehicle-seized-at-border-in-california/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Cloned Border Patrol Vehicle Seized at Border in California
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 05:22:19 pm »
It is not clear from the tweet if the vehicle was engaged in drug or human smuggling at the time.

While not a common occurrence, this it not the first time agents found cloned Border Patrol and other emergency vehicles used by smugglers. As far back as 2015, smugglers utilized a fake Border Patrol vehicle, Breitbart Texas reported. Laredo Sector agents found the vehicle near Cotulla, Texas, approximately 65 miles from the border with Mexico.