Author Topic: Ninth Circuit Strikes Down California Plan to Close Prisons for Illegal Aliens  (Read 171 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Ninth Circuit Strikes Down California Plan to Close Prisons for Illegal Aliens

JOHN BINDER27 Sep 2022138

The Ninth Circuit federal appeals court, one of the most liberal courts in the nation, struck down a California law that sought to close most of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detention facilities holding illegal aliens.

Sitting en banc, the Ninth Circuit found that California’s AB 32 — passed in 2019 and meant to close effectively all ICE detention facilities across the sanctuary state — violates the Supremacy Clause by flouting federal immigration law.

A three-judge panel had previously struck down the law, but that decision was vacated by the full Ninth Circuit and the case was reheard by all 11 judges. On Monday, the court found AB 32 would give California veto power over ICE’s ability to detain illegal aliens.

The court writes in their 8-3 decision:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/09/27/ninth-circuit-strikes-down-california-plan-close-prisons-illegal-aliens/
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 05:15:12 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson