Author Topic: Wind Turbines in Norway Being Ripped Apart – Because of Too Much Wind  (Read 380 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Wind Turbines in Norway Being Ripped Apart – Because of Too Much Wind
 By Craig Bannister | September 26, 2022 | 1:52pm EDT

Parts are flying off of wind turbines in Northern Norway – because they can’t withstand the winds – and the Norwegian Water and Energy Directorate (NVE) is threatening to shut down a wind farm, if the problem isn’t fixed by October 10.

At a Sortland, Norway wind farm, “Strong winds and falling ice have caused the cover, panels and other parts to fall to the ground,” Life in Norway reports. “Noor Nooraddin, the general manager of the wind farm, blamed high wind speeds, saying wind turbines struggle to withstand such conditions.”

"NVE has received information from Ånstadblåheia vindpark regarding falling objects. We have also received similar reports from the local community," Norwegian Water and Energy Directorate Section Head Anne-Johanne Kråkenes, told FOX Business.

NVE has given formal notice that it takes the problem seriously and will make good on its threat to close the wind farm, if the problem isn’t fixed by the October 10 deadline, Norway Today reports:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Wind Turbines in Norway Being Ripped Apart – Because of Too Much Wind
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 02:04:57 pm »

Wind Turbines in Norway Being Ripped Apart – Because of Too Much Wind
 By Craig Bannister | September 26, 2022 | 1:52pm EDT

Parts are flying off of wind turbines in Northern Norway – because they can’t withstand the winds – and the Norwegian Water and Energy Directorate (NVE) is threatening to shut down a wind farm, if the problem isn’t fixed by October 10.

At a Sortland, Norway wind farm, “Strong winds and falling ice have caused the cover, panels and other parts to fall to the ground,” Life in Norway reports. “Noor Nooraddin, the general manager of the wind farm, blamed high wind speeds, saying wind turbines struggle to withstand such conditions.”

"NVE has received information from Ånstadblåheia vindpark regarding falling objects. We have also received similar reports from the local community," Norwegian Water and Energy Directorate Section Head Anne-Johanne Kråkenes, told FOX Business.

NVE has given formal notice that it takes the problem seriously and will make good on its threat to close the wind farm, if the problem isn’t fixed by the October 10 deadline, Norway Today reports:

https://cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/wind-turbines-norway-being-ripped-apart-because-too-much-wind
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 02:05:49 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022, 02:07:13 pm »
The irony - destroyed by the same natural forces they harness.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2022, 02:09:48 pm »
What would wind farms in the Gulf of Mejico off Florida look like when storms like Ian pass through? OMGGGGGGG
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2022, 02:25:36 pm »
What would wind farms in the Gulf of Mejico off Florida look like when storms like Ian pass through? OMGGGGGGG

They'll be wind and water driven projectiles, doing immeasurable addtional damage. 

But the envirowhackos don't care.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2022, 03:30:12 pm »
The irony - destroyed by the same natural forces they harness.

The left will say the same about fossil fuels. Of course, the difference is on one hand they’re talking about a theoretical doomsday scenario, a fantasy cooked up in their fevered pea brains. On the other hand we have a bunch of shattered turbines.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2022, 03:57:55 pm »
... but ... but ... pieces of those shattered turbines are poisoning the oceans with toxic substances.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright