Author Topic: Derek Hunter: If Republicans Win in November, It Will Be in Spite of Themselves  (Read 226 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
If Republicans Win in November, It Will Be in Spite of Themselves
Derek Hunter

Posted: Sep 27, 2022 12:01 AM

Republican Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy may well be the nicest man on the face of the Earth, but he's a horrible political leader. What's sad is he's the best the Republicans in the House of Representatives could come up with for a leader. It's not that there aren't people who'd be better (I can think of an easy half dozen); it's that no one else could get the votes. With that in mind, he's the guy leading Republicans into the midterm elections. God help us.

History is on the side of Republicans. If they did nothing, they should sweep back into power just based on what happens to the party of the presidency in its first midterm. Add to that the fact that Joe Biden is wildly unpopular outside of newsrooms and faculty lounges, and you have the makings of a "Republican wave election." All Republicans have to do is not blow it.

The problem is this: Republicans excel at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

The average Republican voter on the street is better at articulating what the party stands for than its leader is. Throw in idiots like Senator Lindsey Graham inserting themselves into every election across the country for reasons he can't convincingly articulate, and you've got the makings of a historic failure.

Don't get me wrong, I still think Republicans will at least take the House. My concern is they'll take it by fewer votes than they otherwise would and possibly not get the Senate, thanks to the clowns running the show.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2022/09/27/if-republicans-win-in-november-it-will-be-in-spite-of-themselves-n2613609
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
If the GOP does not dispose of Turtle this cycle, I might change affilation to "I".
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

If Republicans Win in November, It Will Be in Spite of Themselves

Yep.  They are currently facing a situation where they can get anything they want passed (stopgap spending bill).  Yet not only will they not demand a single thing added, they will allow the Dems to pack it full of their own pre-election crap.  And then after they cooperate with the Democrats, the Dems will ridicule them.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-