Author Topic: Democrats can't blame-shift their way out of the border crisis they created  (Read 259 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Democrats can't blame-shift their way out of the border crisis they created
By Elizabeth Stauffer September 27, 2022 06:00 AM

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s strategy of busing immigrants to sanctuary cities has been instrumental in turning voters’ attention to the disaster unfolding at our southern border. But it was Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’s decision to fly 50 immigrants to Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts, that really drove the border crisis to the forefront of the public’s mind — in no small part because of the Left’s absurd reactions to it.

While still not quite as critical as the record level of inflation that is crushing families, the border crisis appears to have eclipsed many other concerns, including abortion, which Democrats were convinced would galvanize their base and propel their party to victory in November.

To be sure, the question of abortion is still significant, especially at the state level. However, at least for now, it’s being upstaged by voters’ renewed focus on the roughly 7,000 illegal immigrants the Biden administration allows to stream into the country every day.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/fairness-justice/democrats-cant-blame-shift-their-way-out-of-the-border-crisis-they-created
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Democrats can't blame-shift their way out of the border crisis they created
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 12:26:48 pm »
Sure they can, but don't need to. The media will do it for them. 034
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson