Author Topic: New Details On The Secretive Air Force Plan For Teaming Fighter Pilots With Drones  (Read 155 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Details On The Secretive Air Force Plan For Teaming Fighter Pilots With Drones

Needing to balance solving unknowns about the Collaborative Combat Aircraft against demand for its disruptive abilities is driving decisions.

BY
HOWARD ALTMAN
| PUBLISHED SEP 26, 2022 12:39 PM
New Details On The Secretive Air Force Plan For Teaming Fighter Pilots With 
Sometime in the future, the Air Force wants to see a fighter pilot be able to go into battle accompanied by as many as five drones under his or her limited control, ready to fire weapons, gather intelligence, jam communications, or serve as decoys.

But making this Collaborative Combat Aircraft (CCA) concept - a new black-budget program to team pilots with drones - a reality presents many challenges. CCAs are "something in our future,” Gen. Mark D. Kelly, commander of Air Combat Command (ACC), told a group of reporters, including from The War Zone, Wednesday during the Air and Space Forces Air, Space & Cyber conference at National Harbor, Maryland. "The discussion is, how are we going to get there?"

Over the course of the three-day conference, which also features a major industry trade show, Kelly and other Air Force leaders talked about the challenges of getting the concept off the drawing board and into fighter squadrons. Among things that have to be considered are how to build them so they are both functional and expendable, how best to test them and integrate them into units and how many a squadron might receive.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/new-details-on-the-secretive-air-force-plan-for-teaming-fighter-pilots-with-drones
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 04:56:14 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Hello! Hola! Wake TF UP!

The Chinese are sitting on a farm 12 miles from a drone development center near Grand Forks, ND, likely intercepting and deciphering every drone command broadcast.
(Or maybe they are growing potatoes....right!)

IF this is to be an effective force multiplier, then someone had best better make sure that data interception doesn't happen.

(You know they didn't move there for the balmy weather and tropical beaches).
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 05:07:37 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis