Author Topic: Republicans have an opportunity to force Biden’s hand on border security  (Read 157 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Republicans have an opportunity to force Biden’s hand on border security
By Miranda Devine   
September 25, 2022 10:18pm

Republicans don’t have to wait for the voters to give them power in November to do something about the escalating crisis at the southern border.

They have an opportunity this week to force the Biden administration to act on border security — if they want to.

In the House, Republican Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (Calif.) has done the right thing by urging his members to vote against any government funding bill Tuesday that does not address the surge of illegal migration.

But Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is stonewalling.

In order to avoid a partial government shutdown Friday, Congress must pass a stopgap spending bill — known as a continuing resolution before the fiscal year ends.

The ingenious plan of former Trump adviser Stephen Miller is for Republicans to focus attention on Biden’s border crisis by refusing to pass the bill without an amendment to deal with the invasion at the southern border.

They also must ensure the continuing resolution expires by February so an incoming Republican majority will not be handcuffed next year to a budget that provides no new money for more border patrol agents at a time of unprecedented illegal migration, yet funds 87,000 new IRS agents, three times the number of border agents, to victimize working Americans.

“If Senate leadership stays agnostic on the greatest domestic policy scandal of our lifetimes, it’s going to be read by the public as complicity” with the Biden administration’s open border policies, says Miller, founder of the America First Legal Foundation.

more
https://nypost.com/2022/09/25/republicans-have-an-opportunity-to-force-bidens-hand-on-border-security/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Republicans have an opportunity to force Biden’s hand on border security
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 02:58:47 pm »
Keep sending the illegal migrants North to sanctuary states and cities.

Boder states and cities have no obligation to provide service to persons who are not legal residents of their municipality or state.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.