Author Topic: Here’s how Dems’ permitting bill could help nationalize the power grid  (Read 314 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here’s how Dems’ permitting bill could help nationalize the power grid
September 26, 2022 | BPR Wire
Jack McEvoy, DCNF

Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia’s energy permitting bill could allow the government to commission the construction of taxpayer-funded transmission lines for proposed green energy projects, giving the federal government increased control over the grid.

“The Manchin-Schumer bill would give unelected regulators the authority to compel utilities to build high-voltage transmission lines to connect wind and solar facilities hundreds of miles from urban centers, use eminent domain to condemn rights of way, and then pass the costs on to consumers,” Myron Ebell, Director of the Competitive Enterprise Institute’s Center for Energy and Environment, told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

“There is no way to get more of these transmission lines without essentially nationalizing the grid,” President of the Institute for Energy Research Thomas Pyle told the DCNF.

Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia’s permitting reform bill could allow federal agencies to mandate the construction of proposed green energy infrastructure, giving the government an unprecedented level of control over the power grid.

The proposed bill, dubbed the Energy Independence and Security Act, will authorize the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) to direct utilities to build long-distance transmission lines if they have been previously proposed by a state or business. The process, which will help transfer electricity produced by wind turbines and solar panels, can be expedited if the Energy Secretary determines the project to be in the “national interest.”

“The Manchin-Schumer bill would give unelected regulators the authority to compel utilities to build high-voltage transmission lines to connect wind and solar facilities hundreds of miles from urban centers, use eminent domain to condemn rights of way, and then pass the costs on to consumers,” Myron Ebell, Director of the Competitive Enterprise Institute’s Center for Energy and Environment, told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/09/26/heres-how-dems-permitting-bill-could-help-nationalize-the-power-grid-1289356/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Here’s how Dems’ permitting bill could help nationalize the power grid
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 01:50:13 pm »
I see this as a way for the urban enclaves to take the power that is generated in rural areas, leaving rural people without, "for the greater good".

Considering the up and coming competition for limited electrical power in the face of inflated demand, I am against this energy neo-colonialism.

In that event, however, such could justifiably be thwarted.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 02:31:53 pm »
This bad legislation is an admission that the Green Transition is losing popular support due to higher energy bills and more outages.  It's essentially attempting to eliminate the standard "hurry up and wait" that occurs with any proposal to build new energy infrastructure.  It creates a fast lane for Green Projects, while others languish in regulatory Purgatory.

I wonder how this would effect ERCOT since Texas maintains its own grid, seprate from the national grid.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline berdie

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 08:13:48 pm »
I wondered the same thing re:ERCOT.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2022, 09:30:57 pm »
Power to the people.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 09:51:34 pm »
So in the future, everyone will be driving electric cars, and the federal government will be in charge of the electricity.  What could go wrong?