Author Topic: Operation Demoralize Has Failed  (Read 539 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Operation Demoralize Has Failed
« on: September 26, 2022, 12:44:52 pm »
Legal Insurrection by William A. Jacobson Sunday, September 25, 2022

The ABC/WaPo poll released today is particularly gruesome for Democrats. Biden’s “red” speech also was a wake up call and motivator. Maybe the only success of the speech was to awaken sleeping Republican voters.

Remember how, on August 28, 2022, I told you how Operation Demoralize is Back:

I understand how demoralizing the current situation is. The border is wide open. The full apparatus of the criminal justice system from DOJ to FBI to state prosecutors are weaponized for Democrat political purposes. To his (dis)credit, Biden has been able to do substantial and long-lasting damage to the country with just a 50/50 Senate.

Yet the narrative as recently as a month ago was that a red wave was coming in November.

That has changed. There is a concerted media effort to create the counter-narrative that the red wave has failed….

It happens every election cycle. Operation Demoralize.

What is it?

“The media swarms and lies. Tells you it’s over, wants you to give up. Happens every single time.”

The ABC/WaPo poll released today is particularly gruesome for Democrats, particularly on their supposed ace-in-the-hole issue, abortion. Turns out on issues that motivate voters to actually vote, it’s not top priority:

On issues, the survey finds broad opposition to the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling eliminating a constitutional right to abortion and a big Democratic advantage in trust to handle the issue. But there’s no sign it’s impacting propensity to vote in comparison with other issues: four rank higher in importance and two of them – the economy overall and inflation specifically – work strongly in the GOP’s favor….

But if abortion keeps the Republicans from entirely nationalizing the election around the economy, it doesn’t defang the public’s economic discontent. Seventy-four percent say the economy is in bad shape, up from 58 percent in the spring after Biden took office. The GOP leads the Democrats by 16 points in trust to handle the economy overall and by 19 points in trust to handle inflation.

– Beyond differential turnout, weakness in midterm vote preference among Black and Hispanic voters may compound Democratic concerns. While Democratic House candidates lead their Republican opponents by 61 points among Black adults who are registered to vote, that compares with at least 79-point margins in exit polls in the past four midterms. This survey’s sample of Hispanics who are registered to vote is too small for reliable analysis, but the contest among them looks much closer than recent Democratic margins – 40 points in 2018, 27 points in 2014 and 22 points in 2010.

Add to that the swing Senate races that have tightened or Republicans even pulled ahead (AZ, PA, GA, WI, NV) and the generic and national polling seems to be consistent with Republicans having a very good shot at taking back the Senate.

To what should be attributed the turnaround from the dismal days of late August? First and foremost, the media narrative of a Democrat comeback was an illusion fed by garbage “registered voter” polling by garbage firms. So it never was there to begin with.

My gut also tells me that Biden’s “red” speech also was a wake up call and motivator. He was so over the top in his dehumanization of “MAGA Republicans,” and his DOJ/FBI are so politicized and weaponized, that there has been a great awakening. Maybe the only success of the speech was to awaken sleeping Republican voters.

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2022/09/operation-demoralize-has-failed/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Operation Demoralize Has Failed
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 01:40:24 pm »
I can only speak for myself. Just one person.

But I am sick of lying media, lying politicians, people who suck up our tax dollars and skim even more off grants to NGOs and non-profits in the form of "campaign contributions" that will never be spent.
I am sick of some pencil necked pinheads on teevee telling the world what I supposedly think when they have absolutely no clue what makes ME tick, and it is doubtful if they are even capable of understanding because they simply aren't wired the same. Their cognitive dissonance is deafening noise, not the music they think it is.
I am sick of people purporting to know what I think.

And yes, I am angry. Not the flash of anger that makes someone swing at someone else in a bar, but that smoldering, slow burning anger that will have me mutely laughing at their eventual demise because all the blue-sky nonsense they are spouting will only last as long as the image that replaces the green screen behind them.

Some day they will be confronted, brutally, not by me, but by the reality they have denied for so long they have come to believe their own deceptions with a fervor unmatched even by the most devout religious fanatics in the history of the planet. The laws of Nature can be denied, but never broken.

When their dogma collides with their karma, it will be on the order of cosmic collisions, and I only hope I can watch from a safe enough distance to survive and enjoy the show.

In the meantime, a dragon awakens, and it isn't a morning person.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 02:49:21 pm »
The public, on both sides, has been pissed, at least, since 2008.

Examples include:

- occupy Wall Street
- the Tea Party
- the Freedom Caucus
- popularity of Bernie Sanders among Dems (though he is NOT a Dem)
- the rise of MAGA
- Black Lives matter

The Establishment are only serving themselves.  They are willfully blind, deaf, and indifferent to the harm their policies cause Main Street Americans.  That is why we are seeing more "radical" candidates for office - AOC, MTG.

Americans want the Establishment torn down.  If it can't be done at the ballot box, Main Street Americans will seek other means to destroy the forces - media, government, globalism - that are making it more difficult to survive.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 09:09:45 pm »
The public, on both sides, has been pissed, at least, since 2008.

Examples include:

- occupy Wall Street
- the Tea Party
- the Freedom Caucus
- popularity of Bernie Sanders among Dems (though he is NOT a Dem)
- the rise of MAGA
- Black Lives matter

The Establishment are only serving themselves.  They are willfully blind, deaf, and indifferent to the harm their policies cause Main Street Americans.  That is why we are seeing more "radical" candidates for office - AOC, MTG.

Americans want the Establishment torn down.  If it can't be done at the ballot box, Main Street Americans will seek other means to destroy the forces - media, government, globalism - that are making it more difficult to survive.
...and that's the danger. When people get the notion that anything must be better than this--especially a couple of generations who are used to throwing things away rather than fixing them--then they will, literally, embrace the nearest set of lies and nonsense in their desperation to escape the status quo.

Throwing the baby out with the bathwater follows.

There is really nothing wrong with the Constitution and Bill of Rights that a few term limits and the repeal of a couple of subsequent Amendments wouldn't fix, IF (and that's a big IF) our Government would embrace the wisdom of the founders therein expressed instead of working 24/7/365 to subvert it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2022, 09:16:26 pm »
When the Constitution was written, those people could not imagine someone 80 years old. And then still running for office. For them, this was unthinkable. And it is the only reason that 'term limits' were not included. They never expected people to live that long.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 09:34:06 pm »
When the Constitution was written, those people could not imagine someone 80 years old. And then still running for office. For them, this was unthinkable. And it is the only reason that 'term limits' were not included. They never expected people to live that long.

As a Constitutional matter, your points on age are a slippery slope. The left wants us firing muskets using a similar line of thought against the Second Amendment.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2022, 09:39:36 pm »
Some people have held Federal office for a length of time greater than the average life expectancy in late 1700's America.

It took brain cancer to get Ted Kennedy out of the people's Massachusetts Senate seat.

It took appointment to be US Secretary of State to get less-than-useless John Kerry out of the people's Massachusetts Senate seat.

Biden entered Congress in 1973, and started running for President in 1987.

I have been previously against term limits because, in theory, each election is a potential term limit.  It's time to pass a Constitutional Amendment to place terms limits on US Reps and US Senators.

Especially since Ted Kennedy's failed 1980 Presidential campaign, party establishments have been keen on quashing intra-party competitors against sitting incumbents.

Massachusetts is in desperate need of a competitive state Republican party.  This requires the Mass GOP that can exercise some indepenednce from the RNC.

A Massachusetts Republican needs to be different than a Arizona Republican to compete.  An Arizona Democrat needs to be different than a Massachsuetts Democrat to compete.

Candidates in state minority parties need to be able to exercise independence to differentiate themselves from unpopular national Party branding.  A successful Massachusetts Republican may be pro-choice.  A successful Arizona Democrat may pro-2nd Amenment.  Neither would be welcome nor supported by their respective party National Committees.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 09:44:10 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2022, 09:43:30 pm »
As a Constitutional matter, your points on age are a slippery slope. The left wants us firing muskets using a similar line of thought against the Second Amendment.

Maybe they put the second amendment in there figuring everyone would get shot before they reached the age of 80.  :silly:

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2022, 09:46:14 pm »
Maybe they put the second amendment in there figuring everyone would get shot before they reached the age of 80.  :silly:

Hope you are well #11.

John Steinbeck

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2022, 09:54:43 pm »
None of this matters. They may all be 80 years old but it will not last forever.
There is a tsunami coming in American politics on all fronts.
Once these guys start dying, it will be a snowball effect.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2022, 09:57:47 pm »

Maybe in Chicago.  :whistle:
John Steinbeck

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2022, 09:58:18 pm »
Hope you are well #11.

Hell, I thought I was over the hill because I will be 70 in a few months.  Now I read everyone talking about 80, I figure I must have at least 10 years left in me.

Yes, I am fine #12. Hope you are the same. Thank you for asking.