Author Topic: Air Force brass has little to say on woke initiatives despite backlash  (Read 130 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MILITARY Published September 24, 2022 2:00am EDT

Air Force brass has little to say on woke initiatives despite backlash

Air Force Academy superintendent says woke push helps produce 'more effective warfighting units'
By Thomas Catenacci , Jessica Chasmar | Fox News

U.S. Air Force leadership was silent when asked by Fox News Digital whether it supported various woke programs being taught to cadets.

Fox News Digital has reported this week that the Air Force Academy (AFA) in Colorado Springs, Colorado, has backed woke initiatives that promote certain gender ideology. The academy, for example, instructed students to use gender-inclusive language and refrain from using the words "mom" and "dad" in one diversity training.

However, Fox News Digital received no response after reaching out to Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall, a former senior fellow at far-left think tank Center for American Progress, and AFA Superintendent Lt. Gen. Richard Clark for clarification on these programs. The requests for comment asked whether Kendall and Clark approved of the initiatives, whether they believed they were consistent with their expectations for the Air Force and if they would reconsider supporting the programs.

Clark briefly addressed the reports in a statement Thursday afternoon, saying the programs were being taken out of context and that using inclusive language helps the Air Force produce "more effective warfighting units."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/air-force-brass-say-little-woke-initiatives-backlash
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson