Author Topic: Air Force Generals Aren't "Losing Sleep" Over China's J-20 Stealth Fighter  (Read 156 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air Force Generals Aren't "Losing Sleep" Over China's J-20 Stealth Fighter
Joseph Trevithick - Yesterday 3:14 PM

Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Charles Q. Brown says he's not losing any sleep now over China's growing fleet of J-20 stealth fighters, but that he might if his service's own efforts to modernize and maintain its qualitative advantage don't continue apace. Brown's remarks echo comments that Gen. Kenneth Wilsbach, head of Pacific Air Forces, made about the threat posed by the J-20.

Brown and Wilsbach offered their views on the J-20 while speaking separately at the Air & Space Force Association's 2022 Air, Space, and Cyber Conference earlier this week. The J-20, which first flew in 2011, is the People's Liberation Army's (PLA) only operational stealth fighter. The exact number of these jets that have been produced to date is unclear, but estimates generally range from 70 to 150 examples, including test jets. Pictures and videos of a new two-seat variant, referred to variously as the J-20B, J-20AS, or J-20S, emerged last year.

“It’s not anything to lose a lot of sleep over," Pacific Air Forces (PACAF) head Wilsbach had said while speaking to remembers of the media, including The War Zone, on Monday. "Certainly, we're watching them closely and seeing how they felt and how they operate them.”

“Well, I'm like Gen. Wilsbach,” Air Force Chief of Staff Brown had subsequently said. "[The J-20 is] not something to lose a lot of sleep over, but I'm gonna pay attention to it

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/air-force-generals-aren-t-losing-sleep-over-china-s-j-20-stealth-fighter/ar-AA12aOYd?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=8ede63dd4e0945b5b21de1683f59bc88
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson