Author Topic: Constance Wu says she was sexually harassed on 'Fresh Off the Boat': 'I kept my mouth shut for a rea  (Read 376 times)

Online corbe

Constance Wu says she was sexually harassed on 'Fresh Off the Boat': 'I kept my mouth shut for a really long time'

Raechal Shewfelt - 45m ago

Constance Wu has revealed that her early years on Fresh Off the Boat were marred by some unwanted attention from a producer.

"I kept my mouth shut for a really long time about a lot of sexual harassment and intimidation that I received the first two seasons of the show," she said Friday at the Atlantic Festival in Washington D.C., per The Hollywood Reporter. "Because, after the first two seasons, once it was a success, once I was no longer scared of losing my job, that's when I was able to start saying 'no' to the harassment, 'no' to the intimidation, from this particular producer. And, so I thought: ‘You know what? I handled it, nobody has to know, I don't have to stain this Asian American producer's reputation, I don't have to stain the reputation of the show.'"

Wu starred in the hit sitcom as Jessica Huang, the mother in a Taiwanese-American family living in Orlando, Fla., in the late '90s. She played the character for all six seasons, which aired from Feb. 2015 to Feb. 2020. Experiences she had there and elsewhere are part of her memoir, Making a Scene, which comes out Oct. 4.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/constance-wu-says-she-was-sexually-harassed-on-fresh-off-the-boat-i-kept-my-mouth-shut-for-a-really-long-time/ar-AA12bhdM?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=01a222436c1b4a8f93f9b4f09888f00b
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Thats more than our VP can say.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.