Author Topic: WH Spox on Market Plunge: There Are ‘Really Encouraging’ Economic Signs Like Recent ‘Effectively Fla  (Read 440 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WH Spox on Market Plunge: There Are ‘Really Encouraging’ Economic Signs Like Recent ‘Effectively Flat’ Inflation

Ian Hanchett 23 Sep 2022

On Friday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Hallie Jackson Reports,” White House Communications Director Kate Bedingfield responded to the stock market falling and how that squares with the White House’s upbeat economic messaging by saying “there are very encouraging signs that we’re making significant economic progress” like inflation being “effectively flat over the last couple of months,” and that Republicans want to take away voting and abortion rights.

Host Hallie Jackson asked, “Republicans, Kate, are making clear they’re going to run, as you know, partly on the inflation and the economy, as we have this split screen now, today, for example, with the markets falling, down something like 800 points on those higher interest rates. How do you square that with the optimism that the White House has projected about economic conditions ahead of the midterms?”

Bedingfield responded, “Well, look, first of all, there are very encouraging signs that we’re making significant economic progress. I mean, under the Biden presidency, we’ve created a historic number of jobs, real wages are up over the last couple of months, inflation has been flat, or effectively flat over the last couple of months, gas prices have fallen for 14 consecutive weeks in a row. So, we are seeing really encouraging signs here. And I think what’s important is — and you heard the president talk about this today, there is a real choice for people. There’s a choice between an agenda that Congressional Republicans are putting forward that is about taking us backward, that is about stripping people of their rights, stripping women of the right to choose, stripping people of the right to vote, and — or the Biden and Congressional Democratic agenda, which is about lowering costs, protecting your rights, tackling the climate crisis, pushing for an assault weapons ban. I mean, these are things that are going to make a difference in people’s lives. The choice could not be clearer here and I think you saw that laid out really clearly by both the president and by Mr. McCarthy today.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/09/23/wh-spox-on-market-plunge-there-are-really-encouraging-signs-economic-signs-like-recent-effectively-flat-inflation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It came back a little at the end of the day, but for the most part the market is free floating downward right now.
The Republic is lost.

Online rustynail

"gas prices have fallen for 14 consecutive weeks " started back up here in KY.  Up ten cents.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Rising rates = lower prices and lower asset values
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Hoodat

Clearly, there is not a single person in the White House who has even a rudimentary understanding of economics.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

This morning I checked the IRA I started back in 1988. It's lost 9.3% of its value in the past 6 weeks.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org