Author Topic: Your electric bill may go up by more than 60 percent this winter.  (Read 275 times)

Online DefiantMassRINO

Your electric bill may go up by more than 60 percent this winter.
« on: September 22, 2022, 05:06:12 pm »
Global Climate Change hysteria strikes again.

They will blame war in Ukraine.  Yes, that is one component of the increase.

The other component is Green NIMBY-ism.  Coal, oil, nuclear, and natural gas power generation plants have been shuttered over the past 10 years, without being replaced by reliable generation sources.  They oppose new power lines.  They oppose expansion of an existing natural gas plant.  They oppose a natural gas pipeline to connect Massachusetts with the Marcellus Shale sources of natural gas.

They have put all their eggs in solar, wind, and New England Clean Energy Connect (NECEC) transmission line from Hydro-Quebec.  There are those that even oppose the NECEC that would link New England with more hydro power in Quebec.

Keep your power plants open.  Modernize them.  Expand them.  Do not close them, for there may be nothing to replace them.

I justed ordered an 14 inch LED TV to replace a 13 inch CRT TV in my home office.  The existing TV uses 30-50 watts.  The LED TV allegedly only uses 15 watts.  As the price per kwh rises, I seek to further reduce the kwh our household uses.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/09/21/business/your-electric-bill-is-about-go-up-heres-why/

Your electric bill may go up by more than 60 percent this winter. Here’s why.
National Grid has told the state that it aims to hike electric bills amid a surge in natural gas prices.
By Jon Chesto Globe Staff,Updated September 21, 2022, 8:30 p.m

Massachusetts consumers and businesses could be in for some sticker shock this winter when they open their electric bills — and feel the impact of a war an ocean away.

A rate filing on Wednesday from National Grid, showing wintertime power bills rising more than 60 percent from a year ago, is just the latest example of how Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and related energy supply issues are hitting close to home as the winter heating season approaches. Both National Grid and Eversource, the state’s two dominant utilities, have filed for increases in gas rates within the past week, and Eversource is expected to raise its electric rates as well. The higher fuel costs, also seen in the heating oil and propane markets, come as residents face inflation almost everywhere they turn.

Where the solar panels sit in the picture above, used to stand a 2nd natural gas storage tank.  That tank corroded from the inside out, and they never replaced it.  That tank originally had the rainbow art that you see on the tank in the picture.  They recreated that work of art that on the remaining tank.  As a child, I heard an urban legend that there was a picture of Ho Chi Minh in the blue stripe.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 05:44:22 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: Your electric bill may go up by more than 60 percent this winter.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 05:12:55 pm »
Pedo Joe will tell his suffering subjects to lower their thermostats. Everyone loves to live winters in their house at 60 degrees.  /s
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.