Author Topic: “You’re going to go to prison:” Judge sentences two soldiers who tried smuggling people into Texas  (Read 163 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
“You’re going to go to prison:” Judge sentences two soldiers who tried smuggling people into Texas

September 21, 2022

Kaitlyn Alanis

The Charlotte Observer

Two former soldiers are going to prison after they tried smuggling two people from Mexico into the U.S., authorities said.

“You made a horrible mistake and you’re going to get punished for it,” Judge Diana Saldaña told the men in federal court. “You’re going to go to prison.”

Emmanuel Oppongagyare was ordered to spend 21 months in prison, while Ralph Gregory Saint-Joie was sentenced to 13 months, according to a Sept. 20 news release from the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Texas. They’re also required to serve three years of supervised release after their prison sentences.

https://popularmilitary.com/youre-going-to-go-to-prison-judge-sentences-two-soldiers-who-tried-smuggling-people-into-texas/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson