Author Topic: DoD ponders one-time payments to lower ranks to ease economic stress  (Read 161 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DoD ponders one-time payments to lower ranks to ease economic stress
By Karen Jowers
 Sep 21, 05:53 PM

NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. — As military families struggle with higher costs for food, gas, housing and more, there has been high-level discussion about a one-time payment to help troops in lower pay grades, said Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Charles Q. Brown Jr.

“Just this past week, there’s been some engagement within [the Office of the Secretary of Defense] to look at some of our families, particularly those at the lower end of the pay scale,” he said, with a “potential one-time outlay of money to help support those families to really get them back on track.”

Decisions about these DoD-wide solutions are made at the DoD level.

Officials are listening to airmen and their families about these issues, Brown said, and the Air Force and other service officials have been working with defense officials on a variety of economic issues. One is to get a better sense of how the housing market has changed, and to have a “more adaptable system” in determining rates for Basic Allowance for Housing, Brown said, speaking during a keynote session with senior Air Force and Space Force leaders and their spouses before a packed audience at the Air & Space Forces Association’s Air, Space and Cyber conference Wednesday.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-military/2022/09/21/dod-ponders-one-time-payments-to-lower-ranks-to-ease-economic-stress/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: DoD ponders one-time payments to lower ranks to ease economic stress
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 12:02:54 pm »
The government and military should be ashamed illegal aliens are treated with more dignity and respect than the military. :wtf:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson