Author Topic: The Los Angeles Times' neglect of crime coverage shows how left-wing activism destroys journalism  (Read 276 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 The Los Angeles Times' neglect of crime coverage shows how left-wing activism destroys journalism

Opinion by Zachary Faria - Yesterday 3:29 PM

Nothing better embodies the state of criminal justice reform and the rot that liberal activism has wrought on media than the mess that is the Los Angeles Times.

Politico’s deep dive into the tensions between the Times and its billionaire owner lays it all bare. It opens by recounting how a reporter wrote a fairly basic crime write-up after criminals stole two luxury watches worth $19,000. Left-wing activists piled on the reporter, Jeong Park, calling the story a “press release” for law enforcement.

That pile-on was joined by Nika Soon-Shiong, the 29-year-old daughter of the Times’ billionaire owner. She was upset that the outlet would dare cover crime — you know, the damage criminals do to communities — instead of focusing on “overcharging, manipulating crime stats, or lying about the cost per deputy.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/the-los-angeles-times-neglect-of-crime-coverage-shows-how-left-wing-activism-destroys-journalism/ar-AA1265wM?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=78098c80db53494f87dcc8f7c0f1c6ad
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson