Author Topic: Hurricane Ian Thread  (Read 24566 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Hurricane Ian Thread
« Reply #225 on: September 29, 2022, 05:11:27 pm »
"Florida First Lady @CaseyDeSantis thanks First Responders, Volunteers, & people Donating to those impacted by the Hurricane"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1575494201361702912

« Reply #226 on: September 29, 2022, 05:25:14 pm »
"Florida Gov. DeSantis on Lee County Sheriff claiming that "hundreds" have died following Hurricane Ian'  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1575515609709875201

« Reply #227 on: September 29, 2022, 05:28:05 pm »
POTUS: "To oil and gas executives: Do not, do not, do not use this storm as an excuse to raise gasoline prices or gouge the American public. [...] America is watching and the industry should do the right thing."  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1575535173961191426

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #228 on: September 29, 2022, 05:33:19 pm »
I want to point out that when you hear there was a "Mandatory Evac Order given" it may or may not mean you MUST evacuate.  Each FL county operates differently.  When Hurricane Michael was on the way the Sherriff's Dept drove thru our neighborhood (I live on a peninsula) playing a Load Speaker message saying there was a Mandatory Evac order followed by if you stay you are on your own.  They will not remove anyone from their home.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #229 on: September 29, 2022, 05:40:04 pm »
I want to point out that when you hear there was a "Mandatory Evac Order given" it may or may not mean you MUST evacuate.  Each FL county operates differently.  When Hurricane Michael was on the way the Sherriff's Dept drove thru our neighborhood (I live on a peninsula) playing a Load Speaker message saying there was a Mandatory Evac order followed by if you stay you are on your own.  They will not remove anyone from their home.
Glad you are ok @Wingnut .  At least physically...  happy77

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #230 on: September 29, 2022, 05:41:19 pm »
Glad you are ok @Wingnut .  At least physically...  happy77
:beer:

22222frying pan

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #231 on: September 29, 2022, 06:20:09 pm »

FLORIDA Published September 29, 2022 1:26pm EDT
Tropical Storm Ian: First confirmed death is 72-year-old Florida man who was draining pool during storm
(Deltona FL)

Yeah you know, Deltona is pretty far from were Ian it land.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #232 on: September 29, 2022, 06:24:30 pm »
Brzezinski: Hurricanes Are More Intense Due to Human-Caused Climate Change

Pam Key 29 Sep 2022

Mika Brzezinski told her co-hosts Thursday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” in the aftermath of Hurricane Ian in Florida that storms are worsening because the temperature in the world’s oceans was rising partly due to human-caused climate change.

Co-host Willie Geist said, “The Miami Herald leads with this image of flooded streets in downtown Fort Myers, and The Tampa Bay Times has this photo of a displaced sailboat near a roadway.”

Brzezinski said, “As we’re covering what some are calling the storm of a lifetime, The Washington Post has a feature on why Florida is more prone to hurricanes, and it’s got a lot to do with the state’s unique geography.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/09/29/brzezinski-hurricanes-are-more-intense-due-to-human-caused-climate-change/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

« Reply #233 on: September 29, 2022, 06:26:36 pm »
When Hurricane Michael was on the way the Sherriff's Dept drove thru our neighborhood (I live on a peninsula) playing a Load Speaker message saying there was a Mandatory Evac order

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #234 on: September 29, 2022, 06:26:53 pm »
Ian is forecast to regain minimal hurricane status, hook left, and strike the SC coast, bringing a moderate amount of storm surge to a wide area.  Due to a tight pressure gradient, tropical storm warnings have been posted inland to Winston-Salem, NC.  There is a risk of tornadoes in eastern NC and the Tidewater.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #235 on: September 29, 2022, 06:27:34 pm »
Nice to see Biden playing grievance politics at every turn. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #236 on: September 29, 2022, 06:38:03 pm »
Ft. Myers ----

That brings back memories of what the Bolivar Peninsula here in Texas looked like after hurricane Ike which was only a Cat II storm.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #237 on: September 29, 2022, 06:56:34 pm »
DeSantis on Hurricane Ian response: This is going to be a 24/7 operation, Sanibel 'is destruction'

Damaged homes are seen in the aftermath of Hurricane Ian, Thursday, Sept. 29, 2022, in Fort Myers Beach, Fla. (AP Photo/Wilfredo Lee)

Speaking to reporters in an afternoon update from the Charlotte County Emergency Operations Center, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said Thursday that he had seen a number of efforts to bring people to safety, particularly in Lee County, Collier County, Charlotte and Naples.

"This is going to be a 24/7 operation, because we realize how important it is," he noted.

DeSantis said that more than $2 million had been raised to support storm recovery efforts in less than 24 hours, noting that "this is just the beginning."

"There's a lot more that's going to need to be done," the governor added.

DeSantis said he had been able to meet some of the more than 42,000 linemen in Lake City, Florida, and that Florida Power & Light Company had the biggest footprint.

FPL President Eric Silagy said that 20,000 men and women were working to restore power and that 700,000 customers had seen power restored after the hurricane.

Not one transmission tower was lost.

"We are now in the process of getting the distribution system back up and the substations that had flying debris go into them cleared out so we can get them back online," he said.

Silagy explained that sections that will require rebuilding in the barrier islands.

"And so, this is a 24/7 effort to stabilize and to restore. And so, we're going to do whatever we can to assist with that effort," DeSantis stated.

The governor told members of the media that Sanibel Island in particular "is destruction" and had gotten hit with really "biblical storm surge."

Roads and structures were washed away there and he called images of Sanibel "really difficult images to see."

The governor said that while the state wants to get back to some sense of normalcy as quickly as possible, but they realized it would be harder in some areas than others.

"But ... let's work on Sanibel and let's bring it back to where it was as soon as we can."
Posted by Julia Musto
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #238 on: September 29, 2022, 06:58:06 pm »
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #239 on: September 29, 2022, 07:00:39 pm »
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #240 on: September 29, 2022, 07:04:41 pm »
Support the USO

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #241 on: September 29, 2022, 07:14:21 pm »
Finally got through to my parents in Fort Myers Beach. It's completely destroyed, but their building is still standing.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #242 on: September 29, 2022, 07:14:34 pm »
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #243 on: September 29, 2022, 07:16:25 pm »
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #244 on: September 29, 2022, 07:19:42 pm »
I just got a rext from @libertybele!  She's OK!

Hope you get this...cell phone service is poor. Just letting you know we made it through the hurricane.  We sheltered in home.  No flooding! 😊 I will post when internet is up and running.  Please share with others.  Everyone thank you for all the prayers, I have no doubt that prayers were answered.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #245 on: September 29, 2022, 07:21:22 pm »

Great News!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #246 on: September 29, 2022, 09:06:06 pm »

Thank you
For posting .

Good news!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Hoodat

« Reply #247 on: September 29, 2022, 09:18:08 pm »
Benny Johnson
@bennyjohnson
Screenshotted for when this is deleted.

More screenshots:

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #248 on: September 29, 2022, 09:30:17 pm »
   Thank you for posting that update about @libertybele @Cyber Liberty
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #249 on: September 29, 2022, 09:38:49 pm »
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 09:41:04 pm by Texas Yellow Rose »