Author Topic: Electric Car Mandates: The Latest Frontier in the Elites' War on the Middle Class |  (Read 198 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Electric Car Mandates: The Latest Frontier in the Elites' War on the Middle Class | Opinion
JOEL KOTKIN , PRESIDENTIAL FELLOW IN URBAN FUTURES AT CHAPMAN UNIVERSITY
ON 9/1/22 AT 11:41 AM EDT
01:16Californians Told Not To Charge Electric Cars Days After Gas Car Sales Ban

California is working overtime to prove something that is obvious to most middle-class Americans: Electric vehicle mandates are something of a scam.

A week ago, California announced it would ban the sale of new gas-powered cars by 2035—only to beg residents this week to stop charging their electric cars for fear of breaking the power grid amid a massive heatwave.

This is the untenable future that California's green agenda promises. California Governor Gavin Newsom's decision to eliminate gas cars over the next decade represents an enormous bet on a single, increasingly pricey technology which will assuredly raise basic costs to middle and lower-income Californians in the decades ahead. And it places the once proud auto industry at the mercy of China, which dominates the market for electric vehicle (EV) components and the raw materials that go into them.

https://www.newsweek.com/electric-car-mandates-latest-frontier-elites-war-middle-class-opinion-1739074
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 02:07:09 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
It's California.
Nothing can stop the disaster that's coming there.

Nobody can stop it.
Nothing can stop it.

It is what it is.
It can only get worse.