Author Topic: Air Force reverses plan to cut special duty pay for enlisted airmen  (Read 152 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air Force reverses plan to cut special duty pay for enlisted airmen
By Rachel S. Cohen
 Sep 20, 05:56 AM

NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. — The Air Force will no longer cut special duty assignment pay for enlisted airmen in some of the service’s most grueling and important jobs, reversing a plan that was set to take effect Oct. 1.

Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall announced the change during his keynote speech at the Air Force Association’s annual conference here Monday.

“The past several months of inflation have put unique pressures on the finances of some of our airmen and guardians in critical specialties,” he said. “Our system to adjust special duty pay was out of sync with the rapid changes [in] our economy brought on by COVID and the invasion of Ukraine.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-air-force/2022/09/20/air-force-reverses-plan-to-cut-special-duty-pay-for-enlisted-airmen/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson