Author Topic: California Democrat blames Republicans for making border crisis worse  (Read 226 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
September 20, 2022 6:23pm EDT
California Democrat blames Republicans for making border crisis worse
Rep. Raul Ruiz slammed Republicans like Ron DeSantis for taking 'shipping' illegal immigrants to places like Martha's Vineyard
By Alexander Hall | Fox News

California Democrat Rep. Raul Ruiz blamed Republicans for making the immigration and border crisis worse during a Tuesday interview on MSNBC.

MSNBC host José Díaz-Balart asked the Ruiz about policy solutions to the growing migrant crisis.

"Well I think it’s very important to really draw a contrast here, because we’ve seen that the Republican approach to the humanitarian crisis is to create a larger humanitarian crisis, through ridicule, deceit, and mockery for political gain," Ruiz said.

He continued by praising his own party for how they've put "people above politics" when it comes to the border.

"The Democratic approach under the leadership of President Biden is to put people above politics and to modernize our border and to build an international coalition through the summit of the Americas, to make agreements with shared responsibility, to ensure that we send resources, to expedite judges, lawyers, for the court hearings that we need," Ruiz said.

He cited two laws that Democrats in the House passed; the Dream and Promise Act, the Farm Workforce Modernization Act but complained how Senate Republicans are opposed to them, thus preventing them from being passed.

"However, that’s — those are the steps that we need to do, not, you know, lie and coerce the Venezuelans who are fleeing autocracies and shipping them to different places for political propaganda and theater. We need real solutions," Ruiz said in reference to Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, R., flying 50 migrants to Martha's Vineyard. 

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/california-democrat-blames-republicans-making-border-crisis-worse
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: California Democrat blames Republicans for making border crisis worse
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 05:21:26 pm »
 To what border crises is this democrat referring? It can't be the southern border since Biden has declared the border is secure on many occasions. ***hair on fire
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson