Author Topic: Mayorkas Secretly Met with Soros-Funded Groups During Border Trip to Address Migrant Crisis  (Read 168 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

SEPTEMBER 13, 2022
|
JUDICIAL WATCH
Mayorkas Secretly Met with Soros-Funded Groups During Border Trip to Address Migrant Crisis

During a highly publicized Mexican border visit to address the record-breaking migrant crisis, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas secretly met with influential open border groups including nonprofits funded by leftwing billionaire George Soros and another operated by a former Hillary Clinton and Obama advisor, according to records obtained by Judicial Watch. The Biden administration deployed Mayorkas on the mission in mid-August of last year as part of an ill-fated effort to reassure the nation that the immigration chaos was under control as startling Border Patrol figures revealed that agents shattered a 21-year-old record in July with 212,672 apprehensions, a 13% increase over June.

Mayorkas, shamefully ousted as a Bill Clinton U.S. Attorney after orchestrating the pardon of a big-time drug dealer, put on his game face, met with Border Patrol officials in south Texas, placated and schmoozed local leaders and publicly suggested that the border is under control. In a press conference delivered in Brownsville, Texas the DHS secretary confidently promoted the administration’s plan to deal with the crisis, including spending tens of millions of dollars to address the root causes of migration in Central America, an increase in law enforcement operations with our Mexican partners and a vague strengthening of enforcement with additional personnel. Mayorkas also explained that “worsening conditions…including poverty, a rise in violence, and corruption” were responsible for the rise in migrant encounters. He described the situation as a tough and complicated challenge that involves vulnerable people.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/mayorkas-border-trip/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson