Author Topic: Elon Musk faces skeptics as Tesla gets ready to unveil 'Optimus' robot  (Read 353 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk blamed overreliance on factory robots for sending the electric carmaker to "production hell" four years ago, saying humans were better at certain jobs.

My, how times have changed.

Musk's Texas company now is floating ambitious plans to deploy thousands of humanoid robots, known as Tesla Bot or Optimus, within its factories, expanding eventually to millions around the world, according to job postings. Buzz is building within the company as Tesla is having more internal meetings on robots, a person familiar with the matter said.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk-faces-skeptics-tesla-100937921.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Elon Musk faces skeptics as Tesla gets ready to unveil 'Optimus' robot
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 06:52:46 pm »
A humanoid robot will be unveiled? I mean, am I the only one at least a little bit intrigued? I mean, this has to be something other than a dud right? Elon will be laughed on the stage if this is some stupid little gimmick robot or something like the Amazon robot.

I guess we'll find out in 10 days.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 09:47:03 pm »
A humanoid robot will be unveiled? I mean, am I the only one at least a little bit intrigued? I mean, this has to be something other than a dud right? Elon will be laughed on the stage if this is some stupid little gimmick robot or something like the Amazon robot.

I guess we'll find out in 10 days.
Burger flippers, food passers/cashiers and others being payed stupid high wages for unskilled labor should be quaking and very regretful they didn't learn a marketable skill. Hey maybe it's not to late for them to learn how to code?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2022, 12:17:27 pm »
Burger flippers, food passers/cashiers and others being payed stupid high wages for unskilled labor should be quaking and very regretful they didn't learn a marketable skill. Hey maybe it's not to late for them to learn how to code?

There will always be skills robots cannot do IMO. I'm not worried for blue collared workers. I'm talking robots to do the most tedious and menial of household chores.