Author Topic: Boater arrested after shooting Coast Guard helicopter responding to distress call  (Read 177 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Boater arrested after shooting Coast Guard helicopter responding to distress call
Natalie Neysa Alund, USA TODAY - Yesterday 12:57 PM

A boater in waters south of Louisiana has been arrested after federal officials say he opened fire on a Coast Guard helicopter as it responded to a distress call.

The Coast Guard responded to a distress signal from a 40-foot sail boat on Thursday located about 75 miles south of Southwest Pass, Louisiana in the Gulf of Mexico, according to a news release issued Saturday.

gWhen Coast Guard crews arrived on scene in a rescue helicopter, they attempted to lower a radio down to the boat after they noticed a person and two dogs aboard it.

The person then pointed "what appeared to be a firearm at the helicopter," according to the release, and the aircrew heard objects striking the aircraft.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/boater-arrested-after-shooting-coast-guard-helicopter-responding-to-distress-call/ar-AA1203Km?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=09e40460e50f4b1fa3ff7d7a6cf6c0b5
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The boater should be charged with one count of attempted murder for each crewmember on board. :judge:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson