Author Topic: ‘My Carbon’: An approach for inclusive and sustainable cities  (Read 216 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘My Carbon’: An approach for inclusive and sustainable cities
« on: September 18, 2022, 01:31:25 pm »
‘My Carbon’: An approach for inclusive and sustainable cities
Sep 14, 2022

Sustainable cities enabled through smart communities.

Kunal Kumar
Mission Director, Smart Cities Mission, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs of India

While transport and buildings are the major drivers for emissions in cities, the share of individual emissions is significant.

Personal carbon allowance programs have had limited success due to a lack of awareness and fair mechanism for tracking emissions.

Yet there have been major developments in recent years that could help realise "My Carbon" initiatives.

Cities across the world account for almost 75% of our total carbon emissions. As countries move towards implementing their pledges for a net zero future, urban areas will remain the action ground for decades to come. While transport and buildings are the major drivers for emissions in cities, the share of individual emissions are significant at around 40%.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2022/09/my-carbon-an-approach-for-inclusive-and-sustainable-cities/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: ‘My Carbon’: An approach for inclusive and sustainable cities
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 01:37:10 pm »
 :3: :3: :3:

1. "COVID-19 was the test of social responsibility" This proves the lockdown was about preparing people for the climate lockdown, and not about saving lives. :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson