Author Topic: New Plan Suggests Re-Freezing Earth's Poles by Spraying Chemicals With Huge Military Jets  (Read 639 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Plan Suggests Re-Freezing Earth's Poles by Spraying Chemicals With Huge Military Jets
Victor Tangermann - Yesterday 12:57 PM

Scientists are proposing to unleash huge amounts of microscopic aerosol particles over the Earth's North and South Poles to slow down the melting ice caps.

A group of scientists propose unleashing huge amounts of microscopic aerosol chemicals from 125 massive military jets over the Earth's North and South Poles, in a desperate bid to refreeze the melting ice caps, Sky News reports — a plan that's already proving highly controversial among experts.

To make a sizeable dent in the accelerating decline in ice shelves, we'd have to fly roughly 175,000 flights of "high-flying spy planes and drones" every single year, according to a recent study led by Yale University researcher Wake Smith. Those jets would themselves release copious amounts of carbon dioxide high up into the atmosphere, it's worth noting. But despite the harmful emissions, Smith claims it'd still be worthwhile.

"It's aspirin, not penicillin," he told Sky News. "It's not a substitute for decarbonization."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/new-plan-suggests-re-freezing-earth-s-poles-by-spraying-chemicals-with-huge-military-jets/ar-AA11SplT?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=d7846cd049dd4edeb476fe890618a339
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How ironic!  Bill Gates has suggested something like this for cooling the world atmosphere. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Chemtrails, anyone?

(What about the poor Polar Bears?)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Offline Hoodat

It is currently -90°F at the South Pole.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

It is currently -90°F at the South Pole.
I would wager the people proposing this haven't even experienced -40 (F or C, it's the same), much less -90.

Worst i have been in was -146 wind chill, 60 below static air.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
How ironic!  Bill Gates has suggested something like this for cooling the world atmosphere. :whistle:

@rangerrebew

Not to worry!

I am positive that a great humanitarian like Bill Gates would NEVER even DREAM of trying to make a profit off of such a crisis as this!

Or would have anything to do with creating the crisis.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Idiot

I would wager the people proposing this haven't even experienced -40 (F or C, it's the same), much less -90.

Worst i have been in was -146 wind chill, 60 below static air.
And to think in a few weeks when it hits 80 degrees here, we'll all be complaining about the cold and running for our coats....lol.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
@rangerrebew

Not to worry!

I am positive that a great humanitarian like Bill Gates would NEVER even DREAM of trying to make a profit off of such a crisis as this!

Or would have anything to do with creating the crisis.

I have to believe you are correct. However, if a huge profit should "suddenly present itself", he wouldn't turn it down. :whistle:
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

And to think in a few weeks when it hits 80 degrees here, we'll all be complaining about the cold and running for our coats....lol.
Yeah. I usually run around in shirtsleeves (for short outings) until the mercury drops to 35-40 degrees, then I put on a T shirt under the usual long sleeved shirt i wear. Acclimation is the key, and here we get to go from about -30 to triple digits in any year. The important part of staying warm in extreme cold is to use layers, don't sweat, and stop the wind. Wear quality boots with good socks (thin liner socks and wool socks outside those) to keep the feet warm, and appropriate gloves/mittens--and always a hat (40%+ body heat loss is from the head).

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I have to believe you are correct. However, if a huge profit should "suddenly present itself", he wouldn't turn it down. :whistle:

@rangerrebew

Of course not!

After all,it wouldn't be HIS fault he turned out to be the only source for the product,would it?

BTW,does Gates have any children? If he does,the product won't work and will probably end up being harmless to everything but the Treasury of the entire WTO.

If he is childless,be VERY worried.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 03:20:38 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Quote from: sneakypete link=topic=480495.msg2710997#msg2710997 
BTW,does Gates have any children? 
[/quote

I have never cared enough about him to find out! :whocares: 
Thomas Jefferson