Author Topic: Liz Truss urged to scrap green levies in staggering new poll – YOU VOTED  (Read 231 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Liz Truss urged to scrap green levies in staggering new poll – YOU VOTED

A poll of Express.co.uk readers shows that 97 percent are in favour of suspending green levies to save on energy bills.
By NATALIE CROOKHAM
16:01, Tue, Sep 13, 2022 | UPDATED: 16:28, Tue, Sep 13, 2022

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you've consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Liz Truss should “scrap not suspend” green levies, according to a new poll of Express.co.uk readers. Last week Prime Minister Liz Truss unveiled a new energy support package to help Britons through the cost of living crisis and manage spiralling energy bills.

She announced that household energy bills will remain frozen at £2,500 for two years from October.

The Government is expected to borrow £100billion to pay for the scheme.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1668750/liz-truss-green-levies-energy-bills-cost-of-living-poll-result-spt?mc_cid=211f36602d&mc_eid=4961da7cb1
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 05:53:24 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Liz Truss urged to scrap green levies in staggering new poll – YOU VOTED
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 05:57:41 pm »
 :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

Assuming somewhere about half the voters are liberal, this could never happen.  They would rather be burned alive at the stake than admit they were wrong about the subject of energy. ***hair on fire
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson