Author Topic: Republican voters who refuse to vote hurt everyone else  (Read 2667 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Republican voters who refuse to vote hurt everyone else
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2022, 03:48:59 pm »
No. I'm not going to vote for anyone that I don't think is going to take this country in a more positive direction, I am not going to vote for the lesser of two evils and I am not going to vote for someone just because they have an 'R' next to their name.  I'm all done playing that game and that is why I am no longer a registered Republican.  The Republican party no longer represents me period.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2022, 04:05:55 pm »
When you do your research for an election, for the positions you just can't find a candidate to vote for, then pick out the candidate you would really hate to see win that position. Then choose a candidate to vote for from the opposition. Thus you are voting against and not for.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2022, 04:07:20 pm »
No. I'm not going to vote for anyone that I don't think is going to take this country in a more positive direction, I am not going to vote for the lesser of two evils and I am not going to vote for someone just because they have an 'R' next to their name.  I'm all done playing that game and that is why I am no longer a registered Republican.  The Republican party no longer represents me period.

The entire 1st page of posts is laughable! 

There aren't anymore Democrats or Republicans. 

You're either a Patriotic Constitutionalist or a Fk'n Commie when it comes to today's choices and/or differences in the Parties.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2022, 04:07:31 pm »
I don't want flip-flopping watered down Republicans.

In 2008, I voted for Obama because McCain was not Republican enough to differentiate himself from being a Dem.  Why the hell would I want to vote for an open-border Republican?

In 2012, I voted for Obama because Romney was ... well, Romney.

The GOP establishment is ignoring the base and the grassroots.  Hence, the rise of the Tea Party Movement, the Freedom Caucus, and the subsequent America First movement.

Too few Globalist, Internationalist, Chamber of Commerce Republicans have too much influence in DC.

The GOP Establishment does not want to change, and will not change.  The only remedy is to vote them out of office.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2022, 04:09:17 pm »

In 2008, I voted for Obama because McCain was not Republican enough to differentiate himself from being a Dem.  Why the hell would I want to vote for an open-border Republican?

The GOP establishment is ignoring the base and the grassroots.  Hence, the rise of the Tea Party Movement, the Freedom Caucus, and the subsequent America First movement.

Too few Globalist, Internationalist, Chamber of Commerce Republicans have too much influence in DC.

The GOP Establishment does not want to change, and will not change.  The only remedy is to vote them out of office.

9999hair out0000
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2022, 04:15:32 pm »
When you do your research for an election, for the positions you just can't find a candidate to vote for, then pick out the candidate you would really hate to see win that position. Then choose a candidate to vote for from the opposition. Thus you are voting against and not for.

Case in point.  Rubio v. Demmings.  I don't like Rubio. He's a RINO, and the last thing that the GOP needs is to continuously keep voting in the same RINO's who in turn don't do a whole lot for the party or their constituents. That is why the GOP has the problems that they do.  I don't like Demmings. She's a DEM. She may be worse than Rubio, so do I cast my vote for Rubio pretending that I'm voting against Demmings??

I don't like Rubio. He's a RINO.  I'm against him as well. 

IMO IF people would have voted McConnell out a long time ago instead of voting against the lesser of two evils, or reconciling in their minds that voting against his opponent was the right thing to do, we may have gotten rid of him long ago and we wouldn't keep seating the most detrimental majority leader that the GOP has ever had.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2022, 04:16:02 pm »

In 2008/12, there were other alternatives than voting for Obama.  Why not vote for someone named Baldwin, or Goode, or Johnson, or Barr?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2022, 04:16:07 pm »

888high58888

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2022, 04:47:52 pm »
So what is the consensus?  It is finally OK not to vote for Republicans who spend like liberals?

Do that in the Primaries.  Otherwise, we are just handing Seats to the communist Dems.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2022, 04:52:59 pm »
Do that in the Primaries.  Otherwise, we are just handing Seats to the communist Dems.

So, how is continually voting for McConnell (or any RINO) any different than handing seats and power to the DEMS??

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2022, 04:56:54 pm »
I liked the sounds coming out of the Tea Party Candidates, but I just had to leave the Republican Party when they allowed Obama to become president without putting up a fight. So I only vote for individual candidates. No party lines for me. Both of my sons vote Independent and I'm leaning more that way every day.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2022, 04:57:46 pm »
So, how is continually voting for McConnell (or any RINO) any different than handing seats and power to the DEMS??

Hey, you know I want the two Micks out, McCarthy and McConnell!  That is no excuse for letting Democraps win by default.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2022, 05:00:47 pm »
I liked the sounds coming out of the Tea Party Candidates, but I just had to leave the Republican Party when they allowed Obama to become president without putting up a fight. So I only vote for individual candidates. No party lines for me. Both of my sons vote Independent and I'm leaning more that way every day.

I will vote for conservative candidates who I think will help move this country in a more positive direction.  There aren't many who meet that criteria and it is very unfortunate.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2022, 05:14:07 pm »
Hey, you know I want the two Micks out, McCarthy and McConnell!  That is no excuse for letting Democraps win by default.

Same difference.  McConnell continues to win by default because he has an R next to his name.  How has that helped the Senate and the GOP?  It hasn't.

In my case here in FL same with Rubo -- he had no opposition.  So, I should vote for him by default against a DEM when he's also a liberal?  Lesser of the two evils no longer works for me.

Rubio has a Liberty Score of a D. We need a conservative, not another liberal who votes with liberals; he doesn't deserve to stay seated and the sooner we get rid of him and put a conservative in his seat the better.

Unfortunately it's going to take another election cycle.  Had he been voted out several election cycles ago, maybe the GOP voters wouldn't be faced with having to vote for another RINO again.

https://libertyscore.conservativereview.com/marco-rubio

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2022, 05:23:20 pm »
@libertybele RINOs are the bane of my existence.  I'm moving to marginalize and defang them in AZ.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 05:25:38 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2022, 05:34:49 pm »
@libertybele RINOs are the bane of my existence.  I'm moving to marginalize and defang them in AZ.

I understand that and I admire you for what you do. 

For me, it is pretty disheartening when no one even stepped up to challenge Rubio. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2022, 05:49:47 pm »
I understand that and I admire you for what you do. 

For me, it is pretty disheartening when no one even stepped up to challenge Rubio.

I agree with you, that's really disappointing because we all know what Rubio is.  In AZ, even the Sainted John McStain had Primary challengers.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2022, 05:59:05 pm »
Do that in the Primaries.

The primaries here in Georgia are fixed.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline aligncare

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2022, 06:13:49 pm »

I’ve seen how much damage the left can do in just one short congressional term. I couldn’t live with myself if I thought I shared some blame for that.

The way I think about McCarthy and McConnell is, I didn’t vote for them and can’t be expected to shoulder the blame for what other states do about their representatives in Washington.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2022, 06:19:37 pm »
The primaries here in Georgia are fixed.

The "system" needs to be repaired, first.  That includes electoral cheating.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2022, 06:41:15 pm »
So what is the consensus?  It is finally OK not to vote for Republicans who spend like liberals?

:shrug: You vote your conscience.

Would you be ok if we... lost the Supreme Court?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2022, 08:08:08 pm »
@roamer_1 i apologize for not pinging you earlier. Honestly I wasn’t attacking, just poking fun.

Thanks for that @Weird Tolkienish Figure ... No worries  :beer:

Offline DB

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2022, 08:19:50 pm »
This is a good example of the problem. They figure you have to vote for them no matter what they do, simply because voting for the alternative is worse. So as long as they are slightly less corrupt than the alternative, they own your vote.

Your reward for voting for the lesser evil is the continued slide into the abyss.

In short, until enough people have the courage to refuse to vote for these fools the fools will remain in charge.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2022, 08:43:53 pm »
:shrug: You vote your conscience.

Would you be ok if we... lost the Supreme Court?

YES. I would be ok with dang near anything if it will move us toward Conservatism.

Without risk there is no profit.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2022, 08:47:56 pm »

It's more than OK with me...