Author Topic: Republican voters who refuse to vote hurt everyone else  (Read 2668 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republican voters who refuse to vote hurt everyone else
« on: September 16, 2022, 02:02:09 pm »
September 16, 2022
Republican voters who refuse to vote hurt everyone else
By M.B. Mathews

There has been a creeping meme among some Republican voters indicating that they will refuse to vote because they are fed up with congressional Republicans. They are telling everyone who will listen how horrible congressional Republicans are and are asking, "Why vote when our representatives do nothing and get nothing done?"

People who advocate not voting are advocating surrender to the leftist mob and surrender to Democrats who have ruined a perfectly good country. They are recommending surrender to the leftists who are persecuting Republican conservatives. There is no other way to read this: If you won't vote, you turn the reins of what power you have over to Democrats.

There is no good that can come from Republicans not voting. The only thing that can come from not voting is certain defeat. Not voting is an unacceptable response to what ails America. The people who advocate not voting are the same people saying, essentially, that there is no hope for America under Republican control of Congress and the White House. That is patently false and frankly, distasteful.

More and more, those who advocate not voting for Republicans in November are deliberately attempting to demoralize voters, saying things like, "No matter how I vote, Republicans never do anything,” or "I have been voting for Republicans all my life and they still don’t get things done. It’s useless to vote." No, it isn't.

While the Republican party in Congress has been largely disappointing in their unasked-for moderation, the alternative, not voting for them, is a malodorous solution. Not a conspiracist here but I often wonder if these demoralizers are plants, deliberately trying to lessen the red wave of November. Ideally, they would win, but the winds of political war are against them at the moment, so they will settle for a less egregious loss. These cowards can be articulate and persuasive in convincing some to stay home in November. Such people should not be listened to. They are misguided at best, subversive at worst. And they are dead wrong.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/09/republican_voters_who_refuse_to_vote_hurt_everyone_else.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Republican voters who refuse to vote hurt everyone else
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 02:04:50 pm »
*cough roamer cough*

:whistle:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 03:33:13 pm »
Conservatives have a RINO problem. Granted. But, fixing it by squandering votes just gets you more deeply entrenched incumbent RINO’s and leftist democrats in office.

The fix is to build an extensive bench of solid candidates who back conservative (America First) policies ready to run and win primaries away from the establishment candidates. Work towards remaking the future of the Republican Party. Non participation just won’t work. It’s not a viable option.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2022, 03:37:44 pm »
A Republican Party that does absolutely NOTHING to win Republican votes hurts everyone else.

Here we are less than two months out, and the only thing that Republicans have to offer is that they aren't Democrats (even though they act like them half the time).
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2022, 03:40:10 pm »
The fix is to build an extensive bench of solid candidates who back conservative (America First) policies ready to run and win primaries away from the establishment candidates.

Do you think putting Ronna McDaniel in charge of the GOP was a good idea?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2022, 03:55:39 pm »

Sorry, I know nothing about her record, background or her core philosophy. So I really couldn’t weight in with an opinion. I know she’s a Romney, but don’t know if that’s by birth or marriage. Nor, if it even matters.  In my family, of us four brothers, one is a stark raving leftist; we other three are conservatives. I’m sure that situation can go both ways.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2022, 04:31:18 pm »
We do have state and local and even some Federal GOP representatives on the ballot who are doing a great job or are great candidates. Why not vote for them and get them elected/reelected?

One thing I get real tired of is conservatives who want federalism, but for election purposes think we only have a Federal govt. Skip over that freakin' part of the ballot if you don't want to vote for them.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2022, 04:45:13 pm »
We do have state and local and even some Federal GOP representatives on the ballot who are doing a great job or are great candidates. Why not vote for them and get them elected/reelected?

One thing I get real tired of is conservatives who want federalism, but for election purposes think we only have a Federal govt. Skip over that freakin' part of the ballot if you don't want to vote for them.

I always vote.  Always.  I want the GOP to know that not only was my vote available, but that there was a 100% certainty that I would show up to vote.

I will be voting Libertarian in the Governor, Senate, Secretary of State race, and Public Service Commission race, and Republican in the US House race, and GA House race.  Write-in vote for the GA Senate since my only choices are the Republican hack and the Democrat.

If any of the first four go to runoffs, I will vote Republican except for Secretary of State.  There is no way in hell I am voting for Brad Raffensperger.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 04:46:02 pm by Hoodat »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2022, 04:50:17 pm »
I always vote.  Always.  I want the GOP to know that not only was my vote available, but that there was a 100% certainty that I would show up to vote.

I will be voting Libertarian in the Governor, Senate, Secretary of State race, and Public Service Commission race, and Republican in the US House race, and GA House race.  Write-in vote for the GA Senate since my only choices are the Republican hack and the Democrat.

If any of the first four go to runoffs, I will vote Republican except for Secretary of State.  There is no way in hell I am voting for Brad Raffensperger.

Exactly what I'm talking about. Always vote, but don't vote for anyone you don't want to.
The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2022, 05:06:00 pm »

At the very least she should have been fired after 2020.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2022, 05:16:24 pm »
*cough roamer cough*

:whistle:

Is t so F*cking hard to have the decency to PING the feller you're talking about?  *****rollingeyes*****

The premise of this article is incorrect in it's approach. Of course. Because it is a whiny screed promoting the argument that Republicans don't actually have to do anything ever to be a better choice than democrats. And that Republicans should always settle for nothing... because that's what they do.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 05:17:18 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2022, 05:21:02 pm »
The premise of this article is incorrect in it's approach. Of course. Because it is a whiny screed promoting the argument that Republicans don't actually have to do anything ever to be a better choice than democrats. And that Republicans should always settle for nothing... because that's what they do.

Yep.  The old 'false dilemma' fallacy.  If Republicans offered something to vote for, they wouldn't be the minority party.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2022, 05:23:25 pm »
Yep.  The old 'false dilemma' fallacy.  If Republicans offered something to vote for, they wouldn't be the minority party.

Precisely so. If Republicans served their base like Democrats do, what would that look like?

Nobody knows.  :shrug:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2022, 05:42:06 pm »
Non participation just won’t work. It’s not a viable option.

Sure it is. Non-participation is always an option. And it should be a threat.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2022, 07:39:30 pm »
Haven't we gotten into this mess because the national GOP's mantra has always been:  "Where else are they going to go/snicker?"  ---- and we proved them right?

« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 07:41:20 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2022, 08:17:07 pm »
Haven't we gotten into this mess because the national GOP's mantra has always been:  "Where else are they going to go/snicker?"  ---- and we proved them right?
That's not what you were saying six years ago.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2022, 09:23:47 pm »
That's not what you were saying six years ago.

So what  @jmyrlefuller ----   Have you a point to make or are you just killing time?

And learn how to ping the person you're talking to and about --- you're a cat moderator, for cripes sake.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 09:27:38 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2022, 09:34:29 pm »
And learn how to ping the person you're talking to and about --- you're a cat moderator, for cripes sake.

He quoted you, which suffices.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2022, 09:56:18 pm »
Haven't we gotten into this mess because the national GOP's mantra has always been:  "Where else are they going to go/snicker?"

It's been that way at least since 2016 when Ronna McDaniel became GOP Chair.  What a great decision that turned out to be.  And with the rules changes at the last two Conventions, it is now nearly impossible to unseat her.

and we proved them right?

Well, some people here anyway.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2022, 10:06:39 pm »
At the very least she should have been fired after 2020.

888high58888  Most of her time was spent attending Trump rallies and reporting on the attendance.  What a very poor way of thinking that your candidate is ahead and that all is well.  She did nothing. We've had a compromised election and what has she done to ensure the integrity of the next election??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2022, 05:34:13 am »
He quoted you, which suffices.

Nope.  And I don't care if you agree, so unwind your typing finger    :laugh:

@roamer_1

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2022, 08:05:08 am »
Nope.  And I don't care if you agree, so unwind your typing finger    :laugh:

@roamer_1

YEP. I have seen no rule requiring a ping on every post. And that is evidenced by the fact that very few people do.

However I AM aware of a general rule to quote people in the interest of good debate, and if there is not a quote, to ping them. Either one draws them (back) to the thread.

And of course if you are talking about another member it is good form to ping them to your comment.

I will let @Cyber Liberty correct me if I am wrong in all that.

However, I DO know your preference and tend to oblige you... These last two posts I have refrained because you have made that request a demand (cussing out a cat mod)- Where no such rule exists.

@jmyrlefuller

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2022, 02:28:12 pm »
@roamer_1 i apologize for not pinging you earlier. Honestly I wasn’t attacking, just poking fun.

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2022, 03:16:13 pm »
@roamer_1 Honestly I wasn’t attacking, just poking fun.

Ditto from me to you @jmyrlefuller   :beer:

« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 03:17:50 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2022, 03:18:24 pm »
So what is the consensus?  It is finally OK not to vote for Republicans who spend like liberals?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-