Author Topic: NYC Mayor Adams says city is at 'breaking point' with arrival of migrants sent from Texas  (Read 651 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC Mayor Adams says city is at 'breaking point' with arrival of migrants sent from Texas
Paul Best - Yesterday 4:54 PM

New York City Mayor Eric Adams said Wednesday that the city is at a "breaking point" due to thousands of migrants who have been sent by bus from Texas in recent weeks.

Migrants arrive to New York City in a bus from Texas

"In the last few months, we have experienced an unprecedented surge of asylum seekers arriving from the southern border," Adams said Wednesday.

"In this new and unforeseen reality, where we expect thousands more to arrive every week going forward, the city’s system is nearing its breaking point. As a result, the city’s prior practices, which never contemplated the bussing of thousands of people into New York City, must be reassessed."

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has been bussing migrants to New York City, Washington, D.C., and Chicago in an effort to offer border towns relief and raise awareness about the crisis.

Since early August, Texas has sent more than 2,200 migrants to New York City, 7,900 migrants to the nation's capital, and about 300 migrants to Chicago.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nyc-mayor-adams-says-city-is-at-breaking-point-with-arrival-of-migrants-sent-from-texas/ar-AA11Q5qW?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c7bdd8fd866247a8903223ef2058c74a
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 01:42:46 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
So a city with 8.3 Million people can't absorb (the highest number I have seen was) 11,000 more people?  But...but...but I thought people were moving out in droves?  Did they burn the house when they left?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

Well, Mayor Adams...it's not just NYC...it is the entire country.

May I suggest you contact your senators/congress critters and Joe Biden.

Offline libertybele

Well, Mayor Adams...it's not just NYC...it is the entire country.

May I suggest you contact your senators/congress critters and Joe Biden.

Didn't Joe put Kamel in charge of the crisis at the border?   
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

How does Adams think the border cities and towns feel?  They don't nearly have the resources that DC, NYC, and Chicago have.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

How does Adams think the border cities and towns feel?  They don't nearly have the resources that DC, NYC, and Chicago have.

:thumbsup:

Offline berdie

Didn't Joe put Kamel in charge of the crisis at the border?

So I've heard, lol.

Offline mountaineer

Considering how many New Yorkers have fled their former home, it's hard to believe the city can't handle a puny  2,200 new residents.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@DefiantMassRINO

You can't possibly be serious about that. We ALL know he doesn't give a damn about anyplace but NYC,and even then he only cares because he sees his political future at danger due to them being dumped on him instead of some southern state,so he could be screaming about "racism".

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EdinVA

The entire state of new york has been broken since Ptaki left office.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@DefiantMassRINO

You can't possibly be serious about that. We ALL know he doesn't give a damn about anyplace but NYC,and even then he only cares because he sees his political future at danger due to them being dumped on him instead of some southern state,so he could be screaming about "racism".
Mayors of big cities ARE concerned. The more they have to spend on stuff like unexpected influxes of illegals, the less rake they get.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

So when the Biden Regime drops off 5,000 migrants in a small Texas town of 1,500, they are expected to suck it up for the greater good.  That would be the equivalent of the Federal Government dropping off 26 million migrants in NYC.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

If they are at the breaking point then SEND MORE!

Offline Kamaji

If they are at the breaking point then SEND MORE!

:thumbsup: