Author Topic: Oakland’s Temple Sinai bulks up security after mayoral candidate’s screed  (Read 540 times)

Online mountaineer

Oakland’s Temple Sinai bulks up security after mayoral candidate’s screed
September 8, 2022
Jewish News of N. Calif.
After Oakland mayoral candidate Peter Y. Liu issued an antisemitic screed in response to being left out of an election forum at Temple Sinai, security is being upgraded for Monday evening’s event.

Rabbi Jacqueline Mates-Muchin said synagogue security had already been tight, but that additional measures were implemented after the incident.

“It’s hard,” she said. “Anytime we come up against this kind of antisemitism, it’s scary.”  ...

On Sept. 4, Liu sent an email calling Jews “evil,” “hateful” and “corrupt” to dozens of Bay Area journalists, news organizations, Jewish community contacts and fellow candidates.

Later, according to the Oaklandside, he wrote in another mass email that he would “notify all veteran organizations” about his complaints and then wrote: “I am not afraid of jail. I long overcame fear of getting killed, I was a combat veteran. If I die, I die on righteous grounds. I fear no enemies at this point.”  ...

“These s**tty Jews are once against [sic] trying to disrespect the voters of Oakland in rigging the election process by promoting a few candidates they’ve handpicked to be in front of Jews controlled media,” Liu wrote. “I am sick of these corrupt Jews and their media allies deceiving the public.”

The unhinged "righteous" hero

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Democrat, right?

Online andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online mountaineer

He rails against homosexuals, too. His anti-Jewish blathering is just plain weird.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji