Author Topic: How the Army is tackling these six goals for future wars  (Read 220 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How the Army is tackling these six goals for future wars
« on: September 14, 2022, 11:04:43 am »
  How the Army is tackling these six goals for future wars
By Todd South
 Sep 13, 04:44 PM

For the Army to fight the way its top civilian leader envisions by the next decade, the organization must fulfill at least six objectives in that ever-shrinking window.

On Tuesday, Secretary of the Army Christine Wormuth ripped through those objectives for the Army of 2030 and what’s already in the works. She painted a future fight scenario that sounds as deadly — but even more complex — than what daily reports out of the Russian invasion of Ukraine show.

“The future will likely present complex, multi-access, combined arms fights,” Wormuth said at the Maneuver Warfighter Conference at Fort Benning, Ga.

It is one of several critical technologies that Heidi Shyu, the undersecretary of defense for research and engineering, included in remarks at SOFIC.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/2022/09/13/how-the-armys-tackling-these-six-goals-for-future-wars/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: How the Army is tackling these six goals for future wars
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2022, 11:06:17 am »
Wormuth really knows how to dress for the battlefield, doesn't she!!  It shows how little she understands of the true military environment. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

Re: How the Army is tackling these six goals for future wars
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2022, 11:57:27 am »
...but even more complex...

We cannot even get 50 year old technology ejection seats to work correctly and we are going to complicate warfare?