Author Topic: Earth to DoD: The military needs more rockets, missiles, and bombs  (Read 182 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Earth to DoD: The military needs more rockets, missiles, and bombs
« on: September 13, 2022, 11:12:18 am »
Earth to DoD: The military needs more rockets, missiles, and bombs
By Mackenzie Eaglen September 12, 2022 01:27 PM

Despite repeated assurances from Pentagon leaders that U.S. military munitions, ammo, missiles, bombs, and rocket stockpiles are adequate , Congress is rightly worried. Across the defense bills moving on Capitol Hill are more funds for each of these priorities — wherever industry could absorb the added dollars.

Congress’ triage is extremely helpful to meet the moment, but Pentagon planners must lock in long-term contracts to beef up all of these inventories for the medium term. Not just because of what the U.S. is sharing with Ukraine — but because of our own brittle stockpiles and industrial base.

Industry leaders have been clamoring since early spring to tell defense officials they need long-term contracts signed now to ramp up factories and workforces that were shuttered long ago.

Just take the Javelin as an example. Earlier this year, Lockheed CEO Jim Taiclet said his company, along with Raytheon, makes the anti-tank missile. The current capacity is for these firms to build 2,100 Javelins per year, with a goal of 4,000 annually. This near-doubling of output is going to take a “couple of years” to achieve because the supply chain must be cranked up, Taiclet told CBS’s Margaret Brennan .

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/courage-strength-optimism/earth-to-dod-the-military-needs-more-rockets-missiles-and-bombs
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Earth to DoD: The military needs more rockets, missiles, and bombs
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 11:16:35 am »
We also need more bean bag guns so the enemy doesn't get hurt too badly.  Then we need more copies of pronoun usage so interrogators can better understand them after they've been indoctrinated, just like our military. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson