Author Topic: Lindsey Graham, GOP senators object to idea that Trump could grant ‘full pardons’ to J6 protesters  (Read 289 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lindsey Graham, GOP senators object to idea that Trump could grant ‘full pardons’ to J6 protesters
September 12, 2022 | Chris Donaldson

Former President Donald J. Trump’s suggestion that he would seriously look at giving full pardons to protesters who were swept up in the January 6, 2021 chaos at the U.S. Capitol and have faced severe punishment from the Biden regime isn’t sitting well with some Senate Republicans who strongly expressed their opposition to the idea.

During a recent appearance on conservative Wendy Bell’s Newsmax radio show, the nation’s 45th president said that he is financially assisting several of the protesters and suggested that he would be looking at “full pardons with an apology to many” if voters return him to the White House in the 2024 election.

“You get this, you get some of these judges that that are so as so nasty and so angry, mean the sentences. And I will tell you, I will look very, very favorably about full pardons if I decide to run. And if I win, I will be looking very, very strongly about pardons. Full pardons,” Trump told Bell.

Such pardons would be “a bad idea” according to Senator Lindsey Graham, who predicted that there would be ” riots in the streets ” if Trump is prosecuted by Biden’s Justice Department.

“Pardons are given to people who admit misconduct, rehabilitate themselves. They’re not supposed to be used for other purposes,” the South Carolina Republican told The Hill.

Utah Senator and failed presidential candidate Mitt Romney parroted a Nancy Pelosi talking point as he rejected any pardons.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/09/12/lindsey-graham-gop-senators-object-to-idea-that-trump-could-grant-full-pardons-to-j6-protesters-1283991/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

“Pardons are given to people who admit misconduct, rehabilitate themselves. They’re not supposed to be used for other purposes,” the South Carolina Republican told The Hill.
Riiiigghhht.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Show of hands ..... who really wants to hand Graham the chairmanship of the Senate Judiciary Committee?