Author Topic: Democrats find hope in Florida  (Read 472 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats find hope in Florida
« on: September 12, 2022, 01:15:25 pm »
 Democrats find hope in Florida
by Max Greenwood - 09/12/22 6:00 AM ET

Democrats are eyeing what they believe is an increasingly realistic path to victory in Florida’s marquee midterm races after months of hesitation over just how aggressively to contest the state this year.

The Sunshine State has proven elusive to Democrats in recent years; former President Trump carried it in both 2016 and 2020, Republicans have outpaced Democrats in voter registrations and the party has struggled with mounting losses among Latinos, a key constituency that Democrats once saw as a reliable voting bloc.

But recent polling has reignited Democratic interest in Florida, fueling hope among party operatives and officials that they just might be able to oust Gov. Ron DeSantis and Sen. Marco Rubio (R) this year and reassert Florida’s reputation as a swing state.

“I don’t want to sound overly optimistic. We still have a lot of work to do,” said one Democratic consultant involved in key races in Florida. “But things are trending in the right direction.”

Democrats got their latest boost this week from two new polls that suggest their top candidates may be starting to close the gap with DeSantis and Rubio.

One, from Susquehanna Polling and Research, found Charlie Crist, the Democratic nominee for governor, trailing DeSantis by a narrow 4-point margin, within the survey’s margin of error. The same poll found Rep. Val Demings, the Democratic Senate nominee, running just 3 points behind Rubio.

Another poll, commissioned by the AARP, put the match-ups even closer. DeSantis led Crist by just 3 points, while Rubio held a slim 2-point advantage over Demings, according to the survey, which was conducted by the GOP firm Fabrizio Ward and the Democratic firm Impact Research.

The recent bump for Crist and Demings dovetails with the momentum that has lifted Democrats in other key races across the country over the past two months.

The Supreme Court’s decision over the summer to overturn Roe v. Wade, the landmark abortion rights case, has energized the party’s voters after a prolonged period of relative listlessness and given Democrats an outlet to cast Republicans as overly zealous when it comes to curbing individual liberties.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3636350-democrats-find-hope-in-florida/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Democrats find hope in Florida
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 07:50:47 pm »
A Decoder for stories from The Shill: 

Input words "Republican Controlled," output words "Swing State."  If FL is a swing state, I'll eat my hat.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 08:31:08 pm »
A Decoder for stories from The Shill: 

Input words "Republican Controlled," output words "Swing State."  If FL is a swing state, I'll eat my hat.

The only rat that stands a chance is Val Demings in her race with Little Marco.  Her only hope is if she gets the black vote to help pump up the Liberal and the dead vote.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 08:53:36 pm »
As popular as DeSantis seems to be and as much as he is in the spotlight, keep in mind that he won his seat by less than half a percentage point. The DEMS almost stole that election.  I don't think him retaining the governorship is a given like everyone expects.

Marco is in an uphill battle.  He still wears the scars of belonging to the Gang of Eight.

Demings is a black female and I believe she'll win over the black vote as well as the female vote.

No, I am not optimistic in either race and I'm bracing myself for FL to turn blue.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2022, 09:59:29 pm »
The overall political environment has shifted back into parity.  Owing to trendlines, GOP is still favored in across the board, including the open seats, and those marginal races in FL 27 & 28.  But it will be highly competitive as usual.  DeSantis spent a ton of political capital.  While great for conservatism, it guaranteed a large and highly motivated opposition. 

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2022, 10:09:24 pm »
Another poll, commissioned by the AARP, put the match-ups even closer. DeSantis led Crist by just 3 points, while Rubio held a slim 2-point advantage over Demings

AARP is just another lobbying wing of the Democrat Party.  Either way, someone is smoking some serious crack.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2022, 11:28:13 pm »
As popular as DeSantis seems to be and as much as he is in the spotlight, keep in mind that he won his seat by less than half a percentage point. The DEMS almost stole that election.  I don't think him retaining the governorship is a given like everyone expects.

Marco is in an uphill battle.  He still wears the scars of belonging to the Gang of Eight.

Demings is a black female and I believe she'll win over the black vote as well as the female vote.

No, I am not optimistic in either race and I'm bracing myself for FL to turn blue.

Charlie Crist is not going to be your next governor. When Ron DeSantis was elected governor of Florida, it was a year that was particularly hostile for the GOP

Rubio may or may not win his race, though
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy