Author Topic: The Oldest Ships and Submarines Still Operating in the US Navy  (Read 252 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Oldest Ships and Submarines Still Operating in the US Navy
« on: September 10, 2022, 02:15:49 pm »
The Oldest Ships and Submarines Still Operating in the US Navy
Chris Lange - Yesterday 3:00 PM

A strong navy can strengthen a military power, providing it with additional defense, assault, tactical, and strategic capabilities. A military with a strong navy has the capacity of moving military forces great distances efficiently and effectively. In fact, maritime powers have often become empires, expanding to new territories with the help of their navies. From the Romans to the Spanish conquistadors and the British Empire, each incredible military has been buoyed by its navy. (These are the peak strength of history’s most powerful navies.)

Currently, the United States ranks as the world’s strongest naval power with the U.S. Navy alone boasting a fleet of over 240 ships and submarines. Perhaps the crown jewels of the American fleet are the Nimitz-class aircraft carriers, which were a stabilizing factor throughout the Cold War. The U.S. owns 11 aircraft carriers overall, while countries like Russia and China only have one and three, respectively. (This is the world’s largest navy.)

However, as the Nimitz-class carriers begin to age -- most are thirty years and older -- the U.S. is replacing them with the newer Ford-class supercarriers. Submarines from the Cold War era are also aging out and being replaced as well.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-oldest-ships-and-submarines-still-operating-in-the-us-navy/ss-AA11EO28?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=bc05302c8b704bf89030e98da65433cf
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson