Author Topic: Is the Air Force Turning to the F-15EX as F-35 Failure Looms?  (Read 184 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Is the Air Force Turning to the F-15EX as F-35 Failure Looms?
« on: September 10, 2022, 11:10:22 am »
Is the Air Force Turning to the F-15EX as F-35 Failure Looms?
by SOFREP
20 hours ago

SOFREP has been covering the activities in the Air Force over the past few months, and with the striking events surrounding F-35s, it seems that the US Air Force and other military branches have started looking for an alternative to this powerhouse—the F-15 EX Eagle II.

Earlier this year, the US Air Force’s newest/old fighter jet, the F-15EX, had undergone a series of test flights. It fired its first missile in February during an air-to-air weapons system evaluation program. The 40th Flight Test Squadron aircrew fired the missiles while pursuing a BQM-167 aerial target drone.

“During the flight, the F-15EX detected the drone using onboard sensors, acquired a weapons-quality track, and launched the missile at the target. After tracking the missile’s release and flight toward the BQM-167, the shot was determined a WSEP success, at which point the missile flight was terminated,” according to the release.

https://sofrep.com/news/is-the-air-force-turning-to-f-15ex-as-f-35-failure-looms/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson