Author Topic: Ted Cruz plots a 2024 bid even as he waits on Trump  (Read 13375 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Ted Cruz plots a 2024 bid even as he waits on Trump
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2022, 06:02:14 pm »
Trump is a very bad judge of personnel.

Tell me about it!   :beer: :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2022, 06:04:03 pm »
Trump is a very bad judge of personnel.

LOL!  You fault a total Washington Outsider for working with the current Party Leadership?

What the hell is wrong with you?    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2022, 06:06:18 pm »
Tell me about it!   :beer: :beer:

**nononono*   Your slip is showing there, @Cyber Liberty

frilly and lacey as it is...
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2022, 06:07:29 pm »
LOL!  You fault a total Washington Outsider for working with the current Party Leadership?

What the hell is wrong with you?    :laugh:

I can say without irony Donald Trump's picks have improved with his endorsements in the 22 election cycle.  I supported all of his choices in the AZ Primary in August.  And he has no illusions about both McConnell and McCarthy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2022, 06:10:18 pm »
   Logic and reason would dictate he wasn't very successful in his choosing of Business Executives either since his corporations filed 7 bankruptcies.   :shrug:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2022, 06:12:10 pm »
**nononono*   Your slip is showing there, @Cyber Liberty

frilly and lacey as it is...

I was specifically referring to his endorsement of Martha McSally for Senator from AZ in 2020.  I knew from the second I heard it that that seat was going to be handed to the Democrats, and I was 100% correct from the get-go.  She had already lost the Senate race against Sinema two years previous.  Surely you can understand there have been poor hires and endorsements along the way?

I don't even own a slip...lol.  Unless you count @Slip18.   :whistle:
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2022, 06:22:56 pm »
I was specifically referring to his endorsement of Martha McSally for Senator from AZ in 2020.  I knew from the second I heard it that that seat was going to be handed to the Democrats, and I was 100% correct from the get-go.  She had already lost the Senate race against Sinema two years previous.  Surely you can understand there have been poor hires and endorsements along the way?

I don't even own a slip...lol.  Unless you count @Slip18.   :whistle:

LOL!  Keep forgetting your head is in 'local mode' at this time.

Oh yeah...he struck out too many times for my tastes, but when you have a half-dozen close trusted advisors, you weigh it out and pick one of the gathered candidates.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2022, 06:24:32 pm »
   Logic and reason would dictate he wasn't very successful in his choosing of Business Executives either since his corporations filed 7 bankruptcies.   :shrug:

7 out of how many companies?  Over how long...or short...a period?   *****rollingeyes*****

Online roamer_1

« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2022, 06:36:29 pm »
Unfortunately, about half those who were TEA party on the stump became Swamp Critters overnight (election night).

That is the problem on the Right, about half of what we get lies their way into office, and that's the base McConnell and other Swampies draw on to thwart any attacks on the Bog.

That is inevitable, Smoke.
That is why there has to be a common standard - Conservatism - by which they are judged. If they go to the dark side, throw the bastards out and start sommore. Even if a quarter remain true, if that quarter are kept and the rest rejected...well, the math says it eventually starts heading in our direction.

This is the problem with populist movements. They hold no continuity - No common and lasting standard. They lack the depth of generations. And they fizzle out.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2022, 06:40:16 pm »
It has happened again .... and continues under the leadership of Donald Trump.

The Tea Party fell apart ----  until Trump.  They heard and recognized his voice and message and crawled over broken glass from the political hinterland to vote for him, not once, but twice.  And they will do it a third time because former Tea Partiers, especially, know the true value of a man who fights.

It's all good.   happy77

Tea Party was foremost a fiscal movement. It stood foremost in Fiscal Conservatism.
Tumpy and his movement certainly do not. Your statement is false.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2022, 06:43:50 pm »

I fault those who sit back and watch a total Washington Outsider hand control over to the current Party leadership while at the same time calling him a 'Swamp Drainer' and demonizing those who actually are trying to drain the swamp.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2022, 06:44:17 pm »
In a last gasp, the TEA Party tried to primary McConnell.  He was on the ropes about to go down for the count.  But then Donald Trump stepped in and saved him.  Trump was no friend to the TEA Party movement.

FACT.

Online corbe

« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2022, 06:49:08 pm »
7 out of how many companies?  Over how long...or short...a period?   *****rollingeyes*****

I was exaggerating @DCPatriot My limited research has shown Trump has filed 6 Bankruptcies on 4 Companies (not Personal Bankruptcy) in 50 years he's been in business starting in 91 with Taj Mahal/NJ and ending with the Trump Real Estate schools in 2017, that's roughly 1 every 4 years for the last 26 years, sure he had a lot of Companies.   He joins 4 other Presidents that have filed for Bankruptcy, Jefferson, Lincoln, US Grant and McKinley.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2022, 06:52:37 pm »
Tea Party was foremost a fiscal movement. It stood foremost in Fiscal Conservatism.

It was formed as a result of the 2007-2008 bailouts and continued during BHO’s fiscal irresponsibility but became quiet throughout Trump’s fiscal irresponsibility
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2022, 07:03:04 pm »
It was formed as a result of the 2007-2008 bailouts and continued during BHO’s fiscal irresponsibility but became quiet throughout Trump’s fiscal irresponsibility

... And it started in Ron Paul's camp ... Straight outta Goldwater. No great wonder that Reaganites heard the call and joined early... Conservatism, clear as a bell.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2022, 07:10:50 pm »
   That's all I can remember @sneakypete is bumpstocks, after the LV mass shooting.  I believe there was 1 or 2 more unfriendly laws but I may just be swimming in my TDS infected pool, naked.

@corbe

I can't hold being against bump stocks against him. Out of ALL the dumb-ass ideas I have heard of in my lifetime,bump stocks have to be close to the dumbest.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2022, 07:34:55 pm »
It's not a criticism @Cyber Liberty  ---- it's a caution.  Few, if any, republican governors have not only a republican statehouse, but one with unquestioning loyalty to the governor.  This is excellent news for Florida, but shines little light on the governor's negotiating skills and compromise red lines.

It also doesn't explain why DeSantis, with all this republican fire power, hasn't repealed the state's Red Flag Laws ---- an issue important to the national base.  Maybe he'll get to this in is second term.

No, DeSantis hasn't repealed FL Red Flag Laws. It was our prior governor, Scott who implemented those laws. DeSantis has made comment that he hopes that those laws will help with future shootings, but has been vague when questioned (as far as I know). He has talked about Constitutional Carry, but I don't know if legislation has been started.  Right now, Crist (his DEM opponent) is faulting him for being against background checks. 

So far the red flag laws that we have in FL will remain and it appears that it may be a political decision on his part.

There is no way I would every vote for Crist who has gone from Republican, to Independent to Democrat and has run for office oer a dozen times.

I'll vote for DeSantis; even if he hasn't repealed red flag laws that were implemented by is GOP predecessor.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 07:39:15 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online berdie

« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2022, 07:45:10 pm »
Unfortunately, about half those who were TEA party on the stump became Swamp Critters overnight (election night).

That is the problem on the Right, about half of what we get lies their way into office, and that's the base McConnell and other Swampies draw on to thwart any attacks on the Bog.

My feelings exactly. When the TEA party was invaded and stomped out, my hopes fizzled. I guess it could happen again.

One of the many reasons I support term limits and dissolution of comfy retirement packages (not gonna happen). I would also support limited sessions of congress that had enough issues packed in them to keep our illustrious reps busy....and then go home to live in their districts, not stay in DC and get infected.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2022, 08:03:55 pm »
LOL!  Keep forgetting your head is in 'local mode' at this time.

Oh yeah...he struck out too many times for my tastes, but when you have a half-dozen close trusted advisors, you weigh it out and pick one of the gathered candidates.

His endorsements for 2022 have been very good, 1000X better than in the past!  I forgive....
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2022, 08:04:08 pm »
I'm pointing out how ridiculous it is to criticize a Governor who's doing good things because he has a Legislature that works with him.  I see a bit of the old "Trump, all Trump and ONLY Trump!!!" starting to rear its head.

I'd better not be seeing the Trump Wars starting up with all the "Lyin' Ted" crap again, only with a fresh target.

:beer:  I agree.  Hopefully, none of that crappola again is right.  TBR lost some good members when all that was going on unfortunately.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2022, 08:11:06 pm »
:beer:  I agree.  Hopefully, none of that crappola again is right.  TBR lost some good members when all that was going on unfortunately.

Exactly!.....our real enemy is in the White House right now..please keep that in perspective..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2022, 08:45:41 pm »
Exactly!.....our real enemy is in the White House right now..please keep that in perspective..

Amen!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2022, 09:21:20 pm »

My feelings exactly. When the TEA party was invaded and stomped out, my hopes fizzled. I guess it could happen again.

One of the many reasons I support term limits and dissolution of comfy retirement packages (not gonna happen). I would also support limited sessions of congress that had enough issues packed in them to keep our illustrious reps busy....and then go home to live in their districts, not stay in DC and get infected.

That’s the best critique I’ve seen describing what’s wrong with Washington DC., and how to fix it. It’s what the founders envisioned I’m sure, citizen legislators. Not citizens who became millionaires at the expense of their fellow citizens, through kickbacks and donations from special interests who reap all the benefits.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2022, 09:23:05 pm »

America First is the best damn fiscal movement there has been in more than a generation.  TPs, now MAGAs, recognized this immediately and ran toward its fighting leader ---- and they're still with POTUS45.

Get over it already.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2022, 09:29:12 pm »

We've also got quite a few with an "R" behind their name.