Author Topic: Ted Cruz plots a 2024 bid even as he waits on Trump  (Read 13343 times)

Online corbe

Ted Cruz plots a 2024 bid even as he waits on Trump
« on: September 09, 2022, 03:08:18 pm »
Ted Cruz plots a 2024 bid even as he waits on Trump

by David M. Drucker, Senior Political Correspondent
September 09, 2022 09:48 AM

LONDONDERRY, New Hampshire — Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) shook hands and posed for pictures with the crowd for an hour, then grabbed a stool at the bar at American Legion Post 27 and joined everyone for a beer.

This is what running for president looks like in New Hampshire, the host of the second nominating contest and the first traditional primary on the Republican Party’s quadrennial nominating calendar. And Cruz, the runner-up for the GOP nod in 2016 (the last time the party did not field an incumbent), conceded he has not ruled out mounting a second campaign — even if former President Donald Trump enters the race.

But the senator also confirmed in a brief interview with the Washington Examiner Thursday evening he will make no decision about 2024 until he knows Trump’s plans. Any Republican mulling a White House bid who says otherwise (and at the very least, that includes former Vice President Mike Pence and former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo) is, Cruz insists, being dishonest about his or her internal deliberations.

“There are a lot of candidates out there feeling their oats and boasting, ‘I’m running no matter what. I don’t care what Donald Trump says.’ Anyone who says that is lying. That’s an idiotic statement for someone to make who’s actually thinking about running,” Cruz said after headlining a rally for Karoline Leavitt, the Republican candidate for New Hampshire’s 1st Congressional District, before a couple of hundred voters and activists.

“I don’t know what Trump’s going to decide — nobody does. Anybody who tells you they do is making things up,” the senator said. “The whole world will change depending on what Donald Trump decides. That’s true for every candidate. That’s true of every potential candidate.”

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/ted-cruz-2024-bid-waits-trump
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Ted Cruz plots a 2024 bid even as he waits on Trump
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2022, 03:09:14 pm »
   Morning wood for all the Cruz Haters on here.  :smokin:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 03:55:42 pm »
I like him just fine, but he can be clumsy as a politician, and voters hold him to a higher standard due to his intelligence.  Maybe the senate or judiciary are better fits.

Online LMAO

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 03:57:29 pm »
I still hold to my prediction that the next Republican president will be one of the successful Republican governors
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2022, 05:20:16 pm »
I still hold to my prediction that the next Republican president will be one of the successful Republican governors

I love Cruz...but Trump IS running...so its a moot point.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2022, 06:00:15 pm »
I have no problem with this. There should be other Republican challengers (assuming Trump does run).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2022, 06:20:58 pm »
Cruz has no chance to win. I agree we need to get a successful governor.  Senators do not make good presidents.

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2022, 06:35:02 pm »
I love Cruz...but Trump IS running...so its a moot point.

Trump a few times hinted that he was going to run at the PA rally.  Whether or not the liberals/RINO's are successful in ensuring that he doesn't run, remains to be seen.

I've always liked Cruz and think that he would make an awesome President, but I think he'd better serve this country as AG and drain the swamp.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2022, 06:38:15 pm »

DeSantis is not interested nor is Noem (last they stated) and I can't think of any others that would be successful.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2022, 06:39:52 pm »
Cruz has no chance to win. I agree we need to get a successful governor.  Senators do not make good presidents.

You are right. Most senators make for lousy presidents. They are primarily orators, and most are pretty lazy. They don’t have the work ethic nor skill set that an executive would need to get things done. Witness Jeff Sessions.

I love Ted Cruz, but it’s best he remain in the Senate or be nominated to the Supreme Court. That’s where he truly belongs.

Online libertybele

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2022, 06:43:45 pm »
You are right. Most senators make for lousy presidents. They are primarily orators, and most are pretty lazy. They don’t have the work ethic nor skill set that an executive would need to get things done. Witness Jeff Sessions.

I love Ted Cruz, but it’s best he remain in the Senate or be nominated to the Supreme Court. That’s where he truly belongs.

My hunch is if Trump runs, Cruz will be his running mate.  I can't think of a more formidable team.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2022, 07:46:40 pm »
I dunno 'boot that hoser, eh ...

« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 07:47:28 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online libertybele

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2022, 08:05:52 pm »
I dunno 'boot that hoser, eh ...

That's all we need again is the Trumpsters v. Cruzers -- just sayin'. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2022, 12:06:08 pm »

Hobnobbin', negotiating, and lobbying is a different skill set from Executive duties.

I spoke with a former governor here and asked him if he'd considered a Senate run. Nope, he wasn't sure how well he'd fare in a legislative environment after having been Governor, just because they required different skills.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2022, 12:17:29 pm »
   Morning wood for all the Cruz Haters on here.  :smokin:

Hey, I may have been his earliest, longest duration and biggest supporters in TX.  I met him during a visit during his first senatoral primary in '12, and was "all in" in for him Day 1.

In fact my fervor support for him is the reason I am at TBR, because I angrily defended him so strongly against Trump, I got zotted from TOS during the '16 primaries.

Fast Forward:

In the past two years he has called January 6th tresspassers "terrorist", and cowardly left to Cancun, during a black out crisis during our last big freeze.

Politically, he's dead to me, as far as furthering his political aspirations.  No doubt he has good conservative cred, but I now also see him as a greasy political opportunitst. I've moved on to more support guys like DeSantis and Cotton.  In fact right now, I'd prefer Trump to Cruz too.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 12:19:32 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2022, 01:40:21 pm »
Hey, I may have been his earliest, longest duration and biggest supporters in TX.  I met him during a visit during his first senatoral primary in '12, and was "all in" in for him Day 1.

In fact my fervor support for him is the reason I am at TBR, because I angrily defended him so strongly against Trump, I got zotted from TOS during the '16 primaries.

Fast Forward:

In the past two years he has called January 6th tresspassers "terrorist", and cowardly left to Cancun, during a black out crisis during our last big freeze.

Politically, he's dead to me, as far as furthering his political aspirations.  No doubt he has good conservative cred, but I now also see him as a greasy political opportunitst. I've moved on to more support guys like DeSantis and Cotton.  In fact right now, I'd prefer Trump to Cruz too.

The MSM called the J6 trespassers 'insurrectionists' and I believe that Cruz knowing that the leftists and liberals staged the 'insurrection' gave him reason to call them 'terrorists', thinking that the truth would come out sooner rather than later and that the term would be applied to the leftists. Obviously that didn't happen and the definition came back to haunt him.

As for him taking off to Cancun to keep his family safe and warm, I can't find blame.  He is a Senator, not the governor of the state of TX.

IMHO his conservative record speaks for itself and I would vote for Cruz in a heartbeat.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 01:42:12 pm by libertybele »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2022, 01:57:52 pm »

As for him taking off to Cancun to keep his family safe and warm, I can't find blame.  He is a Senator, not the governor of the state of TX.

Got to disagree there.  No he is not governor, but he should have been shoulder to shoulder with his neighbors during a crisis like this.  Instead it made him look like a coward, not wanting to be bothered with the inconvience of the lights being out in pure elitist fashion.

Don't get me wrong, he will continue to get my vote for senator, as long as he is the strongest conservative choice.  I have just been soured on his prospects for higher office.  And really question is actual politcal savvy.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 01:58:45 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2022, 06:34:51 pm »
Got to disagree there.  No he is not governor, but he should have been shoulder to shoulder with his neighbors during a crisis like this.  Instead it made him look like a coward, not wanting to be bothered with the inconvience of the lights being out in pure elitist fashion.

I can see the alternate Houston Chronicle headline if Cruz went to TX:  "Senator Cruz and his entourage sopping up a lion's share of dwindling electrical power during a humanitarian crisis."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2022, 06:51:13 pm »
I'm far from a Cruz hater, in fact, I really like the man but I'll never be able to vote for him in a presidential primary because he is NOT a NBC as the Constitution requires.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2022, 07:29:56 pm »
I'm far from a Cruz hater, in fact, I really like the man but I'll never be able to vote for him in a presidential primary because he is NOT a NBC as the Constitution requires.
Neither was Obummer but he was elected POTUS twice.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2022, 07:49:10 pm »
How dare a real conservative run.... Go Trump Go.... /s
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2022, 08:00:25 pm »
How dare a real conservative run.... Go Trump Go.... /s
I like Cruz for a senator. He needs to stay in the senate or even SCOTUS possibly. We need a conservative as POTUS that knows how to run SOMETHING other than just being a politician.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2022, 08:04:41 pm »
Neither was Obummer but he was elected POTUS twice.

LOL.  You know the press will treat Cruz the same way they treated O'Bastard? 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2022, 08:05:46 pm »
I like Cruz for a senator. He needs to stay in the senate or even SCOTUS possibly. We need a conservative as POTUS that knows how to run SOMETHING other than just being a politician.

Senators generally make poor Presidents.  Different skill set than Governors.
I will NOT comply.

Offline bilo

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2022, 08:52:17 pm »
I was able to convince my wife, a Yellow Dog Democrat, to cross over and vote for Cruz in the 2016 primary. I bet if he runs in 2024 I just may be able to get her to vote for Cruz again.

I really like Cruz and contributed to his campaign as well. My respect for him grew after the 2016 election when he started working with Trump even though Trump had been so rough in the primaries. However, I think if it's not going to be Trump, Desantis is the man. Cruz and Desantis are both quick on their feet and solid conservatives, but Desantis has the advantage of being proven as an effective executive. Cruz does not have the executive experience.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home