Author Topic: WSJ editorial board: California's blackouts are a result of 'man-made climate policies', 'not climat  (Read 376 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WSJ editorial board: California's blackouts are a result of 'man-made climate policies', 'not climate change'

Opinion by Joe Silverstein - Yesterday 8:04 PM

The Wall Street Journal editorial board criticized California Governor Gavin Newsom's climate change policies Wednesday, arguing they are causing the state's energy shortages.

California is experiencing 'self-inflicted' energy wounds following green new deal policies

"Californians narrowly averted rolling blackouts on Tuesday, but the threat looms all week amid an unpleasant but not unusual heat wave," the editors wrote in an opinion titled "Gavin Newsom's Dirty Energy Secret."

"This ought to be a warning about how the government force-fed green energy transition is endangering grid reliability, but Democrats and the media can’t break out of their climate-change conformity to think clearly, or think at all," they continued.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/wsj-editorial-board-california-s-blackouts-are-a-result-of-man-made-climate-policies-not-climate-change/ar-AA11CTT3?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=19063d8d526046aeb31d0aaa287eba83
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 11:07:02 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, good. Maybe, just maybe, some folks will wake up to this nonsense.

Or maybe when their freezer contents run out on the floor.

Sooner or later, reality bites.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

The citizenry will have to die before the elites give this up. And even that may not do it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

The citizenry will have to die before the elites give this up. And even that may not do it

Sad, but most likely true.

Offline verga

It is not wonder so many people are fleeing Cali
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Actually, that could be turned around. Just saying... :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis