Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth II has died aged 96, Buckingham Palace announces  (Read 44297 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Queen Elizabeth II has died aged 96, Buckingham Palace announces
« Reply #400 on: September 15, 2022, 12:47:18 am »
Dang that was a faint decimal on that receipe.  I thought she was downing a 30 oz drink.  :thud:

LOL...it sounds good though..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #401 on: September 15, 2022, 01:05:43 am »
Harry and Meghan ‘angry as it emerges Archie and Lilibet will not get HRH titles when they are appointed Prince and Princess by Charles’

Charles expected to anoint Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet in the near future
    But Archie and Lilibet will not receive HRH titles, despite tense talks with King
    King said to have agreed to issue Letters Patent for prince and princess titles
    Sussexes stopped using HRH styles after stepping down as senior working royals

By Jamie Phillips For Mailonline

Published: 19:29 EDT, 14 September 2022 | Updated: 20:42 EDT, 14 September 2022

Harry and Meghan's children will reportedly not be granted HRH status when they are appointed by prince and princess by King Charles III.

Archie, three, and Lilibet, one, are expected to be officially made prince and princess in the near future as Charles has agreed to issue a Letters Patent to grant the titles.

But following tense talks between the new King over recent days, the Sussexes have been left 'furious' that their children will not also get HRH titles.

Harry and Meghan are said to have highlighted that Prince Andrew's daughters Beatrice and Eugenie have HRH status despite not being working royals.

Archie and Lilibet are entitled to the titles following the death of the Queen as part of rules set out by King George V in 1917 - which limited the number of royals using HRH.

Meghan has previously claimed the HRH title was earlier denied to Archie because of his race.

And when asked if it was 'important' for Meghan that Archie be called a prince, she said she doesn't have any attachment to the 'grandeur' of official titles.

Meanwhile, the Sussexes stopped using their own HRH styles after stepping down as senior working royals for a life in Los Angeles, and there were later calls for their duke and duchess titles to be removed.

In 1917, King George V issued new letters patent that limited the number of royal family members with an HRH title.

The Queens grandfather's rules stated that 'the children of any Sovereign of these Realms and the children of the sons of any such Sovereign and the eldest living son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales shall have and at all times hold and enjoy the style, title or attribute of Royal Highness with their titular dignity of Prince or Princess prefixed to their respective Christian names or with their other titles of honour'.

When Archie was born seventh in line to the throne in May 2019, he was too far down the line of succession.

Although he was a great-grandchild of the monarch, he was not a first-born son of a future king, so was not automatically a prince.

A source told The Sun: 'Harry and Meghan were worried about the security issue and being prince and princess brings them the right to have certain levels of royal security.

'There have been a lot of talks over the past week. They have been insistent that Archie and Lilibet are prince and princess.

'They have been relentless since the Queen died. But they have been left furious that Archie and Lilibet cannot take the title HRH.

'That is the agreement — they can be prince and princess but not HRH because they are not working royals.'

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11213369/Harry-Meghan-angry-emerges-Archie-Lilibet-not-HRH-titles.html
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #402 on: September 15, 2022, 01:07:12 am »
So Harry and Meghan have been in talks with Charles during this time of mourning....can't these two wait a few weeks for things to settle down...If I was Charles I would tell them just to go home...
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #403 on: September 15, 2022, 01:14:49 am »
A lot of good photos here

Their eyes were red-rimmed, but body language spoke volumes: REBECCA ENGLISH watches the steely determination of the royal ladies in mourning

Full coverage: Click here to see all our coverage of the Queen’s passing

By Rebecca English, Royal Editor In Westminster Hall For The Daily Mail

Published: 18:00 EDT, 14 September 2022 | Updated: 20:50 EDT, 14 September 2022

The look on the Countess of Wessex's face – her eyes red-rimmed, biting her bottom lip to stop it trembling – said it all.

At the sound of a clipped 'left turn' from outside, Sophie glanced nervously through the open door as if she couldn't quite believe this was the beginning of the end.

The sight of four royal women waiting for Her Majesty's coffin at the entrance to historic Westminster Hall sparked memories of 'the three Queens' – Queen Elizabeth II, the Queen Mother and Queen Mary – all mourning King George VI in the same hall in 1952.

Yesterday each was consumed by her own thoughts. Our new Queen Consort, 75, wearing a favourite glittering diamond stick insect brooch, was clearly struggling to hold back her tears, staring stonily ahead with her arms ramrod straight at her sides as she fought to keep her composure.

Three Queens: Elizabeth, Queen Mary and the Queen Mother mourn King George VI

Women in black: The Queen Consort, Kate, Sophie and Meghan side by side in Westminster Hall yesterday. The sight of the four royal mourners evoked memories of George VI's 1952 funeral

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11213207/REBECCA-ENGLISH-watches-determination-royal-ladies-red-rimmed-eyes-mourning.html
Support the USO

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #404 on: September 15, 2022, 01:17:42 am »
So Harry and Meghan have been in talks with Charles during this time of mourning....can't these two wait a few weeks for things to settle down...If I was Charles I would tell them just to go home...

Low life opportunist. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #405 on: September 15, 2022, 01:26:46 am »
Queen's funeral to become 'most watched broadcast of all time' with 4.1billion viewers

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/queens-funeral-become-most-watched-27993007
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline libertybele

« Reply #406 on: September 15, 2022, 01:33:25 am »

Unbelievable. I believe this has always been Markle's beef with the Royals, that Harry was too far down the line to become King and that Kate's children were in line after William.  She I believe also thought that her kids should rank with titles just like Kate's kids.  When they left Britain I though they decided that they didn't want the kids to have titles  Now she's whining again. She thought she'd play the race card and win, but she was mistaken.  She's still pitching a biotch.

Yes, if I were Charles I would pay for their plane fare back to CA and wish them good riddance.

To do this at a time when Charles is mourning the death of his mother and the Brits their Queen is despicable.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #407 on: September 15, 2022, 03:06:03 am »
Harry and Meghan ‘angry as it emerges Archie and Lilibet will not get HRH titles when they are appointed Prince and Princess by Charles’

Charles expected to anoint Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet in the near future
    But Archie and Lilibet will not receive HRH titles, despite tense talks with King
    King said to have agreed to issue Letters Patent for prince and princess titles
    Sussexes stopped using HRH styles after stepping down as senior working royals

By Jamie Phillips For Mailonline

Published: 19:29 EDT, 14 September 2022 | Updated: 20:42 EDT, 14 September 2022

Wait .... what??  I thought the Markles didn't want their kids to have titles.  Do I have this wrong?

« Reply #408 on: September 15, 2022, 03:11:05 am »
So Harry and Meghan have been in talks with Charles during this time of mourning....

And they're probably bitching to their publisher that no one's talking to them ---- because she's black, of course.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #409 on: September 15, 2022, 04:17:24 am »
I hope this link works…  Great collection of pics.

https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/young-queen-elizabeth-photos/
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #410 on: September 15, 2022, 01:14:21 pm »

So much like Edward and Wallis.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #411 on: September 15, 2022, 01:53:24 pm »

Thank you @Lando Lincoln a lot of photos I have never seen before...love this one

Support the USO

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #412 on: September 15, 2022, 03:34:27 pm »

Thank you for posting this link.  My favorite was this
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 03:35:22 pm by Texas Yellow Rose »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #413 on: September 15, 2022, 03:45:21 pm »
Queen Elizabeth to be buried next to husband Prince Philip in Windsor

It has been a week since Queen Elizabeth II took her last breath on Earth, and Buckingham Palace has just announced her final resting place will be next to her husband of 74 years - Prince Philip.

The Queen will be buried next to her late husband in Windsor on Monday.

Her funeral is likely to cull over 2,000 guests from all over the world. After the funeral, the United Kingdom will observe two minutes of silence to honor the late monarch.

Her coffin will be taken through London in a horse-drawn gun carriage, before reaching its final destination of Windsor.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Posted by Caroline Thayer
Support the USO

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #414 on: September 15, 2022, 04:56:56 pm »
Thank you @Lando Lincoln a lot of photos I have never seen before...love this one

Oh my gosh! This just made my day. She’s beautiful
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #415 on: September 15, 2022, 05:11:52 pm »

Oh my gosh! This just made my day. She’s beautiful

She never flaunted it much but she was a stunning woman.
The Republic is lost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #416 on: September 15, 2022, 05:41:42 pm »
September 15, 2022 12:35pm EDT
Sophie’s choice? How Meghan was left shaken by this car ride: royal expert
Sophie reportedly said 'Oprah who?' when asked about Winfrey's interview with Megan Markle
By Neil Sean | Fox News

LONDON, England – There were audible gasps on the mall in London as the procession of cars carrying the senior royals to Westminster passed by the densely populated crowds that lined the streets of London. Not at the sight of the ceremonial splendor that London is famous for around the world, but at the sight of Meghan Markle and Sophie, Countess of Wessex. The two women sat together in the car – given their history and all that has gone on previously, who figured this was a great idea?

Sophie, looking serene as ever, wore a black long-sleeved belted midi dress for the occasion, following the royal tradition of somber dressing during the mourning period. The princess accessorized minimally with a cross silver necklace and a black hat.

During the ceremony at Westminster Hall, the Countess of Wessex joined her husband and other members of the royal family, such as Kate, Princess of Wales, Queen Consort Camilla and Princess Beatrice, to honor Queen Elizabeth II. But all eyes remained on the car in which sat the former cable TV actress Meghan Markle, basking in the reflected limelight of the family she claims treated her so badly during her very short tenure within it.

Queen Elizabeth II was a great source of comfort to Sophie over many years. She and the now queen consort were the only non-blood relatives at Balmoral after the monarch's death – with Sophie previously described as a "second daughter" to Elizabeth II. Both also shared a passion for military history and could often be found deep in researching documents in the Royal Archives at Windsor for hours on end and then discussing the findings over afternoon tea and jam sandwiches – such a close bond.

The same cannot be said for Meghan, simply because she never gave it enough time to form any bond. Meghan was welcomed with open arms by the monarch, who broke so many rules to make Markle feel special and welcome. And, of course, Meghan was able to use this material in the infamous interviews across all levels of media to explain how unwelcoming the family appeared to be, from no one offering her style or royal tips to even the words of "God Save the Queen."

It’s a known fact that Sophie has now little time for the former actress, even making light of the situation with Meghan after she dropped that bombshell interview with Oprah.

When asked about the interview while speaking with a U.K. tabloid, Sophie – an ex PR pro herself – quipped "Oprah Who?" slapping down any power she figured the chat show queen Oprah Winfrey had.

But now after the sideline swipe at the very final public appearance of the Sussexes and sensing the deep hurt that Meghan and Harry had piled on the queen, Sophie could not bring herself to even look in her direction, such was the feeling on that fateful event.

Back to this picture. I am told Meghan almost buckled when informed she would be sharing a car with Sophie – after all, she had expected to drive in with her husband Prince Harry. But when he agreed to walk behind the coffin of the late queen all that changed, causing Meghan to have, some say, a slight "moment."

One can only assume what her thoughts were. After all, Sophie knows more than most, having spent years in PR previous to her royal life, just how demanding, distracting and downright self-centered faded queens of showbiz can be. But to say the car ride was like a trip on a roller coaster on Coney Island would be an understatement.

No words were spoken, but it appears that it was Sophie’s choice to share the car with a relative that appears to have dented her pride in the royal family so much. Is it any wonder that Meghan was clutching her husband Harry’s hand so tightly when they were put back together in Westminster Hall?

While Sophie has remained tight-lipped about the incident to those apart from an inner circle she has, I am assured by a source, "wanted to do this personally as I do believe in facing any problem head on." Sophie’s training in PR has put her in good stead to deal with any problems that are thrown at them but what is more interesting is that Meghan, I am told, was left "shaken" by the incident.

It is true that this is not the time for a brickbat, but let’s not forget that it was indeed Ms. Markle who put herself into this dire PR position and then, without a shred of compassion, waltzed back to the family that she trashed on TV, all while reminding the public that she was "ready to forgive" only last month with a strange yet compelling interview with the little read Cut magazine.

What Meghan failed to realize is that the family she clearly loathes, apart from her own, stick together and Sophie has proven her devotion to the late queen in stepping up and sitting in the car with someone who, along with her husband, has achieved so much damage to our beloved late queen and her monarchy – how proud she must have been that Sophie is that girl?

Finally, she could end up in the same car again at the funeral if Meghan stays, as Harry may once again be called upon to offer another duty, leaving Meghan vulnerable and very much alone with, yet again, the people who welcomed her and, according to her, treated her so badly.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/sophies-choice-how-meghan-left-shaken-by-car-ride-royal-expert
Support the USO

« Reply #417 on: September 15, 2022, 06:20:42 pm »

It works great @Lando Lincoln  ----- wonderful pictures   happy77

« Reply #418 on: September 15, 2022, 06:32:30 pm »
September 15, 2022 12:35pm EDT
Sophie’s choice? How Meghan was left shaken by this car ride: royal expert
By Neil Sean | Fox News

But all eyes remained on the car in which sat the former cable TV actress Meghan Markle, basking in the reflected limelight of the family she claims treated her so badly during her very short tenure within it.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/sophies-choice-how-meghan-left-shaken-by-car-ride-royal-expert

Don't miss this article -----   wink777

« Reply #419 on: September 15, 2022, 06:47:20 pm »
Queue to see the Queen is now five miles long

The queue to see the Queen lie in state in Westminster Hall is now almost five miles long, with mourners waiting for at least eight and a half hours.

According to the Department for Digital, Culture and Media, the queue is 4.9 miles long and reaches from Westminster across the Thames and along the riverbank, all the way to Southwark Park.

Around one million people are expected to arrive in London for the Queen's funeral on Monday September 19.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #420 on: September 15, 2022, 07:34:46 pm »
Harry and Andrew win battle to wear military uniforms as the Queen’s children and then all EIGHT of her grandchildren hold sombre vigils over her coffin in Westminster Hall 

Princes William and Harry due to take part in a special vigil for the Queen at Westminster Hall on Saturday
    The pair will join six other grandchildren tomorrow at vigil, where they will stand guard of the Queen's coffin
    Event will mirror Vigil of the Princes - which saw Charles, Anne, Edward and Andrew stand guard in Edinburgh
    Charles, Anne, Edward and Andrew will hold another vigil beside the Queen's coffin in Westminster on Friday
    According to the Mirror, Prince Harry will be allowed to wear a military uniform at the event on Saturday

By James Robinson for MailOnline

Published: 14:53 EDT, 15 September 2022 | Updated: 15:25 EDT, 15 September 2022

Princes William and Harry will take part in a special vigil in honour of the Queen on Saturday, it has tonight been reported.

The Prince of Wales and the Duke of Sussex are set to join the Queen's six other grandchildren in a special 15 minute vigil at Westminster Hall.

The eight grandchildren will reportedly stand in silence beside Her Majesty's coffin, in a scene which will mirror the Vigil of the Princes.

The special vigil saw King Charles, Princess Anne, Prince Andrew and Prince Edward, stand guard at St Giles' Cathedral in Edinburgh earlier this week.

Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward will repeat the vigil at Westminster Hall on Friday night. It will now be followed by a separate event by the grandchildren on Saturday.

And in a further twist, the Duke of Sussex will be allowed to wear military uniform at the event, according to The Mirror.

Prince Harry has reportedly been given special dispensation to don military colours at the vigil. However it is not clear what uniform he will wear, given that he no longer holds a position in the military.

The Duke of Sussex has so far be unable to wear military uniform during any of his public appearances following the Queen's death.

That is because, when he stepped back as a front line royal in the wake of Megxit, he was stripped of his military patrognages.

Prince Harry, who served in the British army for a decade including two tours of Afghanistan, has so far worn a mourning suit with military medals to public events.

However Prince Andrew, who also stepped back frontline royal duties in the wake of the Jeffrey Epstein sex scandal, is set to be given special dispensation to wear his colours on Friday night.

The exception was made for the Duke of York to wear uniform for the vigil at Westminster Hall as a 'final mark of respect' for his mother.

He is expected to wear the full military dress uniform of a Vice Admiral of the Navy - the only military rank that he still holds.

The decision to allow Prince Andrew to wear a military uniform, while maintain the Duke of Sussex's ban, had led to criticism from some quarters, while the Duke of Sussex himself released a pointed statement addressing the issue, saying his decade of service was 'not determined by the uniform he wears'.

A spokesperson for the Duke of Sussex said: 'His decade of military service is not determined by the uniform he wears and we respectfully ask that focus remain on the.'

Today, a royal source told the Mirror: 'Common sense has prevailed.'

'It was a ludicrous situation given the Duke of Sussex has served his country and is a highly respected member of the armed forces with everything he has done for veterans,' the source added.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11216977/All-eight-Queen-grandchildren-including-William-Harry-Westminster-vigil.html
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #421 on: September 15, 2022, 07:35:55 pm »
Looks like Charles has caved..this against his mother's wishes.....first sign that Charles will be a weak leader imho...
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #422 on: September 15, 2022, 07:40:32 pm »
More from the same article

The Queen's state funeral will 'unite people across the globe and resonate with people of all faiths', according to The Earl Marshal, the Duke of Norfolk, the man in charge of the historic day that will see Her Majesty buried with Prince Philip and her parents at Windsor on Monday evening.

The Duke of Norfolk said today that it was 'both humbling and daunting' to have the 'honour and great responsibility' to run an event that will be watched by billions of people around the globe. He said: 'The events of recent days are a reminder of the strength of our Constitution, a system of government, which in so many ways is the envy of the world'.

The Duke has laid out his plans and revealed that the King, the Princess Royal, the Duke of York and the Earl of Wessex will mount a 15-minute vigil around the Queen's coffin as it lies in state in the ancient Westminster Hall at 7.30pm on Friday. The siblings did the same thing in Edinburgh earlier this week in a ceremony known as the Vigil of the Princes.

Minute-by-minute guide to the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II on Monday, September 19

6.30am - Doors will close to the public for the Queen's lying in state in Westminster Hall.

8am - The doors of Westminster Abbey will open to the congregation to take their seats for the state funeral service.

Heads of state and overseas government representatives, including foreign royal families, governors-general and realm prime ministers will gather initially at the Royal Hospital, Chelsea, and travel under collective arrangements to Westminster Abbey.

10.35am - Just after 10.35am, a bearer party, found by The Queen's Company, 1st Battalion Grenadier Guards, will lift the coffin from the catafalque.

It will then carry it in procession from Westminster Hall to the Royal Navy's state gun carriage, which will be positioned outside the building's North Door.

10.44am - The gun carriage, drawn by 142 Royal Navy service personnel, will set off at 10.44am.

The King, members of the royal family, members of the King's Household and Household of the Prince of Wales will follow the coffin.

10.52am - The procession arrives at the West Gate of Westminster Abbey where the bearer party will lift the coffin from the state gun carriage and carry it inside for the state funeral service.

11am - The state funeral service begins.

11.55am - The Last Post will sound followed by a national two-minute silence.

12pm - Reveille, the national anthem and a lament, played by the Queen's Piper, will bring the state funeral service to an end at approximately noon.

The coffin will be carried to the state gun carriage.

12.15pm - The procession will set off for Wellington Arch at Hyde Park Corner, following the route of Broad Sanctuary Parliament Square (south and east sides), Parliament Street, Whitehall, Horse Guards including Horse Guards Arch, Horse Guards Road, The Mall, Queen's Gardens (south and west sides), Constitution Hill and Apsley Way.

1pm - The procession will arrive at Wellington Arch.

The bearer party will lift the coffin from the state gun carriage and place it in the state hearse.

The state hearse will then depart on its journey to Windsor as the parade gives a royal salute and the national anthem is played.

The King and the Queen Consort, the Prince and Princess of Wales and members of the royal family will depart for Windsor by car.

3.06pm - The state hearse will approach Shaw Farm Gate on Albert Road, Windsor, and join the procession, which will have been formed up and in position.

3.10pm - The procession will step off. The route will be: Albert Road, Long Walk, Cambridge Gate, Cambridge Drive, George IV Gate, Quadrangle (south and west sides), Engine Court, Norman Arch, Chapel Hill, Parade Ground and Horseshoe Cloister Arch.

3.20pm - The door of St George's Chapel will open for the congregation for the committal service.

3.25pm - Members of the royal family who will not join the procession will arrive at St George's Chapel for the service.

3.40pm - The King and other royal family members who are walking in the procession will join it at the quadrangle on the north side as it passes into Engine Court.

3.53pm - The procession will halt at the bottom of the West Steps of St George's Chapel in Horseshoe Cloister.

The bearer party will lift the coffin from the state hearse, from where it will be carried in procession up the West Steps.

4pm - The committal service will begin.

The length of the service is not yet known but when it ends, the King and members of the royal family will depart from the Galilee Porch for Windsor Castle.

It marks the end of public ceremonial arrangements.

7.30pm - A private burial service will be conducted by the Dean of Windsor, attended by the King and members of the royal family.

The Queen is to be buried together with the Duke of Edinburgh at the King George VI Memorial Chapel.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11216977/All-eight-Queen-grandchildren-including-William-Harry-Westminster-vigil.html
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #423 on: September 15, 2022, 07:48:48 pm »
Harry and Meghan's children 'will NOT be granted HRH titles because they won't be working royals': Royal expert says King Charles made a 'compromise' and appointing Archie and Lilibet Prince and Princess 'will sound good in America'

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's children Archie and Lilibet will not be granted HRH status, it is claimed
    But they have now become a prince and princess following the Queen's death and Charles becoming King
    Newspaper report claims Harry and Meghan are 'furious' that their children will not also now get HRH titles
    Prince Andrew's daughters Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie are both HRH despite not being working royals

By Mark Duell for MailOnline

Published: 08:28 EDT, 15 September 2022 | Updated: 08:50 EDT, 15 September 2022

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's children Archie and Lilibet may not be granted HRH status even though they have now become a prince and princess - because they will not be working royals, an expert said today.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's three-year-old son Archie Mountbatten-Windsor is now Prince Archie, while his one-year-old sister is Princess Lilibet - although it is not clear whether these new titles will actually be used.

And a report today has claimed that following 'tense discussions' between the new King and the Sussexes over recent days, Harry and Meghan have been left 'furious' that their children will not also now get HRH titles.

When Archie and Lilibet were born they were too far down the line of succession to receive the titles, due to rules from King George V in 1917. But the death of the Queen means they are now the grandchildren of the monarch, rather than the great-grandchildren, and are entitled to be addressed as prince and princess, and to use HRH.

Harry and Meghan remain the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, and their titles will not change. The couple have stopped using HRH styles since they quit their roles as senior working royals in 2020, but still retain them.

However, while Prince Andrew no longer uses the status HRH, his daughters Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie still both have the title - which stands for His or Her Royal Highness - despite not being working royals.

While confirmation is awaited on whether Archie and Lilibet will receive HRH titles, royal expert Phil Dampier told MailOnline today that allowing them become a Prince and Princess but not HRH 'would be a classic compromise'.

He said: 'The same thing happened to Diana and Fergie after they were divorced from Charles and Andrew. And of course Sarah Ferguson is still the Duchess of York today.

'Harry and Meghan should be pleased as using Prince or Princess sounds good in the States. But even though their children are still high up in the line of succession they will not be working royals, so it's quite right they shouldn't have titles.

'Lots of people think Harry and Meghan themselves should lose their titles, so I think they should just accept this compromise and be grateful - as it could be a lot worse for them and their children.'

It comes after a source told The Sun : 'Harry and Meghan were worried about the security issue and being prince and princess brings them the right to have certain levels of royal security. There have been a lot of talks over the past week.'

The source added: 'But they have been left furious that Archie and Lilibet cannot take the title HRH. That is the agreement - they can be prince and princess but not HRH because they are not working royals.'

In March 2021, during Harry and Meghan's bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey, the couple suggested that Archie might be blocked from becoming a prince.

Meghan spoke of her shock at being told Archie would not get police protection because he did not have a title, and claimed he might receive different treatment to the other children of the Royal Family.

She was asked if she believed that was due to race, and replied: 'In those months when I was pregnant, all around this same time, so we [had] the conversation of he won't be given security, he's not going to be given a title.

'And, also, concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he's born.'

Archie was allowed to become Earl of Dumbarton, one of his father's subsidiary titles, when he was born, or could have been Lord Archie Mountbatten-Windsor.

Buckingham Palace said his parents made a personal decision he should be Master Archie instead.

In the Oprah interview, Harry and Meghan indicated that they had been told protocols would be changed once Charles became King, so that Archie would be excluded from becoming an HRH and a prince. The interview was given before Lilibet was born.

For that to happen, the new King would have to issue a Letters Patent amending Archie's right to be a prince, and Lilibet's right to be a princess.

Charles is known to favour a slimmed-down monarchy, but there has been no suggestion he will take such a decision. It is not known if Harry and Meghan want Archie and Lili to be addressed as a prince and princess.

How rules on HRH date back to Letters Patent by King George V in 1917

The rules on HRH - His or Her Royal Highness - titles in the modern royal family can be traced back to the founder of the House of Windsor, King George V, who issued Letters Patent in 1917 which restricted their use.

He declared: 'The grandchildren of the sons of any such Sovereign in the direct male line (save only the eldest living son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales) shall have and enjoy in all occasions the style and title enjoyed by the children of Dukes of these Our Realms.'

This means both of King Charles III's children – Prince William and Prince Harry - are entitled to be HRH. While William uses this title, Harry has not since he quit as a senior working royal in early 2020, but still retains it.

A monarch's grandchildren in the male line are also HRH, which applies to William and Kate Middleton's children Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.

It technically therefore also applies to Harry and Meghan Markle's children Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet – but they are not expected to get the title because the family are not working royals. Buckingham Palace said in March 2020 that Harry and Meghan would not use HRH.

Once someone is given an HRH title, it remains for the rest of their life even if the line changes - unless the monarch chose to issue Letters Patent to remove it.

This means William, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie are all HRHs because they are the children of sons of Queen Elizabeth II.

Prince Edward's children - Lady Louise Windsor and James, Viscount Severn - are also technically HRH but their parents said they would not use those titles.

Princess Anne's children, Peter Phillips and Zara Tindall, are not entitled to be HRHs because they are the children of a daughter – not a son – of the Queen.

Charles no longer has the HRH style because he has become HM, or His Majesty. Similarly, Camilla is now no longer HRH and is instead HM, or Her Majesty.

Other members of the Royal Family who have HRH include the Duke of Gloucester, who is the grandchild of King George V through his third son Henry, Duke of Gloucester.

The Duke of Kent, his sister Princess Alexandra, and his brother Prince Michael also have the title. This is because their father George, Duke of Kent, was the fourth son of King George V.

The HRH style is also passed onto a spouse – which means Queen Consort Camilla (who is now HM, not HRH); Kate; Sophie; Birgitte, Duchess of Gloucester; Katharine, Duchess of Kent; and Princess Michael of Kent all received the title after their marriages.

But the husbands of women HRHs are not entitled to the style – such as Eugenie's husband Jack Brooksbank and Beatrice's husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi.

Sarah, Duchess of York received the title after marrying Prince Andrew – but lost it following her divorce in 1996.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11215057/Will-Prince-Harry-Meghan-Markles-children-Archie-Lilibet-granted-HRH-titles.html
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #424 on: September 15, 2022, 07:51:35 pm »
'It brought back a few memories': Prince William reveals 'very difficult' Queen coffin walk was haunting reminder of his mother Diana's funeral - as he tells mourners his late granny was 'like EVERYONE'S grandmother'

Senior royals are visiting mourners up and down the country today as King Charles III rests at Highgrove
    Kate told a woman she couldn't read all the cards 'or I would cry' while William said he was 'overwhelmed'
    In Manchester, Sophie, Countess of Wessex, hugged young boy called Josh who had gathered to meet her
    Meanwhile, Princess Royal, accompanied by her husband Sir Tim Laurence, visited well-wishers in Glasgow

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11215273/Sophie-embraces-wisher-Edward-meet-crowds-Manchester.html
Support the USO