Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth II has died aged 96, Buckingham Palace announces  (Read 44649 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Queen Elizabeth II has died aged 96, Buckingham Palace announces
« Reply #125 on: September 09, 2022, 05:51:46 pm »
The new King’s remarks were moving. And no teleprompter I think, just a nice clear headed statement. 🇬🇧

:thumbsup:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #126 on: September 09, 2022, 05:54:51 pm »
Charles gave a very wonderful and heartfelt tribute.  His Moma will be missed.   8888crybaby

He mentions Harry and Markle being overseas and I think that was his way of saying, they will hold no titles or duties.  Good for Charles.

Question @mystery-ak do you know if Kate will hold all the titles that Diana did??

'He succeeds me as Duke of Cornwall and takes on the responsibilities for the Duchy of Cornwall which I have undertaken for more than five decades. Today, I am proud to create him Prince of Wales, Tywysog Cymru, the country whose title I have been so greatly privileged to bear during so much of my life and duty.

'With Catherine beside him, our new Prince and Princess of Wales will, I know, continue to inspire and lead our national conversations, helping to bring the marginal to the centre ground where vital help can be given.

It looks like it...the biggy is Princess of Wales...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #127 on: September 09, 2022, 05:55:01 pm »
'With Catherine beside him, our new Prince and Princess of Wales will, I know, continue to inspire and lead our national conversations, helping to bring the marginal to the centre ground where vital help can be given. I want also to express my love for Harry and Meghan as they continue to build their lives overseas.

Could be wishful thinking on my part, but it sounds like the king is giving Harry what he's chosen  -- and the senior royals is now a gang of seven.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #128 on: September 09, 2022, 05:58:17 pm »
Harry and Meghan seem to be following the path of Edward and Wallis Simpson, except I think Meghan might be even more odious than her predecessor.

Absolutely.  And they appear to be embodying the worst of the caricatures of Edward and Wallis as portrayed in The Crown.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #129 on: September 09, 2022, 05:58:34 pm »
Could be wishful thinking on my part, but it sounds like the king is giving Harry what he's chosen  -- and the senior royals is now a gang of seven.

You are correct...he gave Harry and Meghan his love....so far that's it..

Not sure now if Archie and Lilibet have the title of Prince and Princess since he is now King...it will be his decision.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #130 on: September 09, 2022, 05:59:47 pm »
Absolutely.  And they appear to be embodying the worst of the caricatures of Edward and Wallis as portrayed in The Crown.

Here's a tip for future royal generations..never let your child marry an American... :silly:
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #131 on: September 09, 2022, 06:00:32 pm »
Here's a tip for future royal generations..never let your child marry an American... :silly:

Especially a divorced American.

« Reply #132 on: September 09, 2022, 06:05:27 pm »

He may have done a wee bit more ... he loves them as they "continue to build their lives overseas". 

I'm not seeing a royal balcony photo op in their future.   wink777

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #133 on: September 09, 2022, 06:06:06 pm »
He may have done a wee bit more ... he loves them as they "continue to build their lives overseas". 

I'm not seeing a royal balcony photo op in their future.   wink777

That seems to be a pretty pointed order, when taken in context.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #134 on: September 09, 2022, 06:06:57 pm »

Still maintain that it is because everybody knows that he isn't Harry's father.   Diana was an adulteress.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #135 on: September 09, 2022, 06:09:45 pm »
Still maintain that it is because everybody knows that he isn't Harry's father.   Diana was an adulteress.
Harry Hewitt?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

« Reply #136 on: September 09, 2022, 06:17:18 pm »
I wonder if travel arrangements for William and his children will now change ......

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #137 on: September 09, 2022, 06:27:46 pm »
I wonder what will happen to all the Queen’s ladies in waiting….some of them have been with her over 50 years….
Will they be retired with pension?

The late Queen had a lot of people around her, butlers, chauffeurs etc.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #138 on: September 09, 2022, 06:33:00 pm »
Harry Hewitt?

@mountaineer   Exactly.

IMO, she had absolutely no physical attraction to Charles after William was born.  Her attitude was obviously, "You only live once!"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

« Reply #139 on: September 09, 2022, 06:40:37 pm »

Not sure now if Archie and Lilibet have the title of Prince and Princess since he is now King...it will be his decision.

If I'm not mistaken Harry and Markle decided that they didn't want their children to have titles.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #140 on: September 09, 2022, 06:45:44 pm »
If I'm not mistaken Harry and Markle decided that they didn't want their children to have titles.

That's the "public position".  The Queen was probably adamant that no titles would be bestowed.

Online libertybele

« Reply #141 on: September 09, 2022, 06:48:01 pm »
Kate Middleton Is Officially the Princess of Wales Following the Queen’s Death

Kate now has Princess Diana’s former title.

...............William and Kate, who were named the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge when they got married in 2011, are now also known as the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall following the Queen’s passing. Their new official titles are: Duke and Duchess of Cornwall and Cambridge, in addition to the Prince and Princess of Wales. ..................

https://www.elle.com/culture/celebrities/a41122459/kate-middleton-new-royal-title/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #142 on: September 09, 2022, 07:10:19 pm »
I finally found what I have been trying to say...

Harry and Meghan's children become Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet

By Christian Edwards, CNN

Updated 10:38 AM ET, Fri September 9, 2022

London (CNN)Following the death of the Queen, Harry and Meghan's children have become His Royal Highness Prince Archie of Sussex and Her Royal Highness Princess Lilibet of Sussex.

The change is a result of conventions created over a century ago. Under rules set out by George V in 1917, the grandchildren of the monarch automatically receive royal titles.

As grandchildren of King Charles III, Archie and Lilibet now have the right to be prince and princess, whereas they did not immediately qualify as the great-grandchildren of the Queen.

more
https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/09/europe/prince-archie-princess-lilibet-royal-title-intl/index.html

More

Will Harry's children become prince and princess?
Prince Harry and Meghan's children Archie and Lillibet now a prince and princess, as a number of royal titles change. London — Archie and Lillibet, the children of Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, have become a prince and princess after the passing of Queen Elizabeth II.1 hour ago

Prince Harry and Meghan's children Archie and Lillibet now ... - CBS News
https://www.cbsnews.com › news › prince-harry-meghan-..

Harry and Meghan's children technically become 'Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet'

The late Queen's death means Archie and Lilibet are entitled to the HRH title until King Charles alters protocols
By Telegraph Reporters 9 September 2022 • 1:50pm

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's son, Archie Mountbatten-Windsor, is now technically a prince - a title which Meghan controversially claimed was previously denied to him because of his race.

His younger sister, Lilibet "Lili" Mountbatten-Windsor, is also entitled to be a princess following the death of the Queen and with her grandfather, the Prince of Wales, becoming King.

The rules set out by King George V in 1917 mean Archie and Lili - as the children of a son of a sovereign - also now have an HRH style if they choose to use it.

In 2021, it was suggested Charles - in a bid to limit the number of key royals - intended, when he became monarch, to prevent Archie becoming a prince.

To do so, he will have to issue a Letters Patent amending Archie's right to be a prince and Lili's right to be a princess.

Until that potentially happens or if it does not, Archie and Lili remain a prince and princess, whether their parents choose to use the titles or not.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2022/09/09/harry-meghans-children-technically-become-prince-archie-princess/
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 07:13:05 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #144 on: September 09, 2022, 07:18:28 pm »
ABC’s Hostin: Queen Elizabeth Wore Crown of ‘Pillaged Stones’ — Monarchy Built on Backs of Black, Brown People

ABC legal analyst Sunny Hostin said Friday on “The View” that late Queen Elizabeth II wore a crown with jewels “pillaged from India and Africa” that represented a monarchy “built on the backs of black and brown people.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/09/09/abcs-hostin-queen-elizabeth-wore-crown-of-pillaged-stones-monarchy-built-on-backs-of-black-brown-people/
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #145 on: September 09, 2022, 08:31:20 pm »
ABC’s Hostin: Queen Elizabeth Wore Crown of ‘Pillaged Stones’ — Monarchy Built on Backs of Black, Brown People
The crazies and the just plain hateful certainly are out today.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #146 on: September 09, 2022, 08:32:20 pm »

Oh yes they are.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #147 on: September 09, 2022, 08:36:22 pm »

I only posted two examples..there are many on twitter and all over the internet..
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #148 on: September 09, 2022, 08:40:35 pm »
I only posted two examples..there are many on twitter and all over the internet..
Yes. I need to take a tw*tter break. They're absolutely nuts.

« Reply #149 on: September 09, 2022, 08:58:21 pm »
Monica Crowley
@MonicaCrowley

The Queen’s passing reminds us that the Greatest Generation is almost gone - along with its signal virtues: humility, discretion, manners, reserve, service, duty, sacrifice, selflessness, patriotism, faith, grace.

Without them, civilization falls apart.

And here we are.

1:18 PM · Sep 9, 2022  ·Twitter for iPad